iWeb and Internet Explorer

brustj

Registered
Hey,

I designed a website using iWeb a little while ago. I thought everything was fine until I heard from a family member that they were having trouble viewing it in Internet Explorer and even Mozilla Firefox in some instances. Right now, my homepage is only a navigation bar and a couple lines of centered text, and it is still having problems loading. I read from a couple sources that I may need to change some stuff in the CSS but my design is fairly simple and I don't see how it could get screwed up. Please help me!

Thanks,

Joe

Hi,
I don't think the problem is with the source code (CSS or HTML). The problem will probably show up in any different computer. I suggest that you check your FTP settings. If you are using a free website hosting, try to change it.
"Firefox AND Internet Explorer" can't open it, safari is opening it correctly because it's reading it from your computer (Local files).
I hope this was helpful

I'm actually helping someone with similar issues. iWeb can generate some "interesting" HTML, to say the least. :)

In our case, absolute positioning was being used to place some images on a page. The images ended up over lapping in some browsers and editing the text (outside of iWeb) to remove the absolute positioning cured the problem, but I don't know if that will import back into iWeb or not.

Peace...

Back