Jason's Daily Pic Thread! (Big pictures - not 56k modem friendly)

Whatchya Think?

• Cool!

• You Suck!

• *shrugs*

Results are only viewable after voting.
work 60 hours a week, moving, other hecticness etc etc and plus its hard to make something cool every day :)

Sure it is... I could probably make a new, cool-looking picture everyday simply using Photoshop. But I won't.

garage.jpg

Shutter: 1.5 seconds | Aperature: f3.0
This was a parking garage in a new Nordstrom. I took about 5 shots like this before the security gaurd came flying up and told me to stop taking pictures, and why was I taking pictures of the garage. I tried to explain that I was an artist and I saw a creative shot here with interesting lighting situation and spacial composition. He didnt get it. I still got kicked out. He'll probably never get it. He's going to float through his life watching football and eating lasagna and never ever getting it.

I like that picture hab - that looks really weird. I think it's futuristic, almost alien. That's at nordstrom?

thanks, yeah, Nordstroms parking garage. wierd-looking isn't it?

Here's a few I took last night in a series of low-light situations.

lowlight0.jpg

Shutter: 1.2 seconds | Aperature: f2.8 | ISO 200

lowlight4.jpg

Shutter: 1/2 seconds | Aperature: f2.0 | ISO 50

lowlight3.jpg

Shutter: 1/2 seconds | Aperature: f2.2 | ISO 50

lowlight1.jpg

Shutter: 1 second | Aperature: f2.8 | ISO 50

lowlight2.jpg

Shutter: 1/2 seconds | Aperature: f2.8 | ISO 50

hab are you taking these with a digital camera or with film? I really want a digital slr, but can't afford one right now - and all the photography I do with film is hard because I try and save money... I want to be able to take a bunch of pictures, at no cost!

Right now I'm using a Canon G3. It's one of the best camera's in the non-slr range, the problem is they only make 3 lenses for it. A decent digital SLR with a lens will run you close to 3G's. An excellent one, like the 11 megapixel Canon EOS-1Ds runs upward of 8G's. My next camera is going to be this one, the Canon EOS-D60 digital SLR.
I've done a lot of research over the last couple months and for the price, it's awesome, you should look into it.

hey hab... i recently got the OSX version of photostitch...

with a canon digital rebel :)

i have a few pics ive taken, but nothing too great, havent had the time to really do anything creative yet

Jason, you're gonna love photostitch. Definately one of the coolest things to happen to digital photography. It's like having an unlimited number of wide angle lenses. The rebel is an awesome cam, have fun.

really hab? I thought that digital slr's with 6 or 7 megapixel chips had dropped drastically in price, and you could get one for 800-900 dollars. I'm really just wishing for one, but whenever I'm at the electronics store I look at camera's and Mac's.

the digital rebel without lens is 900, easily the cheapest out there, unfortunately its automatic feature set is quite limited (which i dont use, but some will)

Well, even a $500 dollar camera is out of my budget by quite a bit - as much as I want to take pictures it will be hard affording it :^) Maybe I could get a phone with a camera, or just take my parents cheap rock of a digicam when I go to college. Even better - maybe I will get rich!

Yes, maybe you'll hit the lottery. :)

Habilis, you need to figure out the security guard's thinking and use psychology on him. Find out why he doesn't want you taking shots down there. If there's something in Nordstrom's rules about it, then that's fine. However, I have never heard of a department store making a rule against shooting pictures of their parking lot. If he's simply trying to push you around, you should come out and say so, and say that you don't think he should bully you just because he wants to.

And those are some great pictures.

iPod and a retail box of Panther ... mint condition, or oh well, licorice more precisely .... :D

Attachments

• panther.jpg
    panther.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 32
field2.jpg

Shutter: 2.5 seconds | Aperature: f4.2

Took this shot this evening at the Mentor Marshes. Cloudy and getting colder every day. This sky is an ominous reminder of winter about to hit. At least where I live.

Where did this thread die for so long time? :)

London pics .. It's been some time since I toook over 100 pics in one day. ;)

1035501tottenham-med.jpg

1035504tateint-med.jpg

1035506tate3-med.jpg

1035508th-med.jpg

1035509th-med.jpg

Totterham Court Road.

Tate Gallery interios.

And those weird ones.. playing with camera, moving it around, over Thames .. so London night lights. :)

Ah... that's very cool. I'll have to try that, moving the camera while taking a picture with a slow shutter.

Back