Jason's Daily Pic Thread! (Big pictures - not 56k modem friendly)

Whatchya Think?

• Cool!

• You Suck!

• *shrugs*

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jason

Eyebrow Moderator
By popular demand ;)

well recently i have started to do a daily picture again (something ive done in the past at another forum i frequent) well ive decided to do it here too. basically the goal in me doing this is to push myself photographically :)

feel free to join in with your daily (or not) pictures, this isnt just about me

so.... without further delay i will post the first few days worth... posts are copied from the other forum so the context might be a bit odd ;)

----

Well in an effort to stir some creativity in my little wee brain again, i am going to start taking daily pictures again, but i am going to attempt to make them all good this time...

oh and there is a poll for all you who want to voice opinion about not liking it ;)

anyways

3/17/03

031703.jpg

taken last night at about 2am while i was scanning some slides for a co worker, the light off the transparency adapter, my 3 over head lights and a desktop lamp were my light sources, camera was about an inch or less from my eye ball, did some photoshop work to remove all color besides the eye itself, etc

[edit] oh yeah, feel free to add your own random daily (or not) pictures :)

and i apologize in advance to 56k users ;)

3/18/03

031803.jpg

taken while my cousin was burning her shorts... shes kinda nutty in that sense... no she wasnt wearing them :p fire is beautiful to capture... allright picture, nothing real great

already realizing life is pretty busy for this to be daily-daily, so i will just try to keep it daily, not that anyone cares besides me ;)

3/19/03

031903.jpg

more macro fun ;) this is a picture of a cd that a co-worker decided to put in a microwave for a couple seconds... pretty interesting what it did to the cd

on a side note... i got this

yay.jpg

in my first ever contest today, a monthly contest in the vienna photographic society, won black and white, with one of my "unknown" crosses pictures... pretty cool :)

3/20/03

032003.jpg

bleh, iraq... been watching the news since i got home from work... work was uber slow, no one wants film developed when war is happening and cold rain is falling apprently ;)

3/22/03

032203.jpg

nothing like the sunset to bail you out, nothing super spectacular

on another note, i entered a yearly photocontest, i found out i got two seconds places, so far in my first two contests ever, ive recieved a 1st, and two seconds, not bad :)

tommorow i am going to hit the Iwo Jima memorial at sunrise in hopes of capturing some good pictures, along with maybe some of the dc area as a whole (since it over looks a bit of it)

I really like them :)
Why haven't I noticed this thread before? :p

What camera do you use?

You could not see this thread before because it was started today :p

The very first picture you uploaded is my favorite up to now. If I had three thumbs, that would be three thumbs up to you, Jason. So far, you're getting two :D

Originally posted by toast
You could not see this thread before because it was started today :p

The very first picture you uploaded is my favorite up to now. If I had three thumbs, that would be three thumbs up to you, Jason. So far, you're getting two :D

:D didn't notice the actual post dates, only the ones above the pics :p

oh and fyi, i use a nikon coolpix 5000, wish i had a d100 or sigma sd9 or canon 11mp

3/24/03

032403.jpg

A lamp in one of our rooms...

I wonder how long i can actually take an interesting picture every day.... hmmm o_O

Jason, my man: I hate to tell you this but I believe you might be incubating a cataract at about 11 o'clock in that eye shot.

Great and imaginative shots.
æ

if you are joking and talking about reflection... then "haha" ;)

if not... then im not surprised, my eyes are fucked up as is, 20/120 vision and slight stigmatisms (spellin?)

anyways, some night dc shots coming tonight, just gotta choose one :)

3/25/03

032503.jpg

Vietnam memorial... place brings me to wet eyes every time i see it... talked with a vet for a while while there

have some pictures of korean, washington and lincoln as well... but i'll save those for when i need a day off ;)

wood1.jpg

Took this one of a half rotten tree yesterday. Not all that elegent of a composition, but the texture and focal length makes it look cool - to me at least. I'm a textures, macro's and objects guy.

About the memorial shot - is the ighting one you used or was that part of the memorial? And did you use a slow shutter?

Back