Joysticks will not work

S

slrman

I have two joysticks. A CH Products Flightstick Pro and a clone of a Logitech model with the twist for rudder feature and the 12 buttons. (sorry, I forget the exact model) Both of these worked fine on a PC and both are USB devices but my iMac with OSX 10.5.6 does not recognize either of them.

I have been able to get the flight sim (Sturmovik IL2: 1946) to run quite well with Darwine. In fact, better than it ran on the PC. But without a joystick, it is pretty much unusable. I also am going to need new rudder pedals and the cheapos I have are not recognized, either.

So what am I doing wrong? (placing the blame where it probably lies) :eek:

Thanks for any clues. I'll provide my own quarter. LOL

"I have been able to get the flight sim (Sturmovik IL2: 1946)" the game loads and runs very well, indeed. But I can only fly using the auto pilot or the keyboard; not very good solutions. In the set up area, there is a check box for "Use Joystick" I have checked and even unchecked the box, and then restarted the game, but nothing works.

What I forgot to say, :eek: is that I have tried to load the software for both joysticks and in both, I get the message to "Connect Device" or else, "Device not connected" so it seems that the OS is not recognizing the joystick.

I have the nagging suspicion that this will turn out to be something very simple and my forehead will acquire another degree of flatness from the excessive slapping it has undergone. :rolleyes:

Eric, thanks for those links. Unfortunately, neither of them did any good for me. So I suspect the problem is more basic. No doubt one that is so simple, no one will believe I overlooked it. Well, it won't be the first time. ;)

Good thinking. Thanks. But I already have that and no joy with that, either.

This is getting really frustrating because IL2 runs so well on the iMac and not being able to use the joystick and rudder pedals is really weird. Everything else, including keyboard controls and the mouse works flawlessly. Just the thing I need the most doesn't work.

Thanks for the reply, DeltaMac. That is always a possibility, I know. But I got the Darwine idea from the IL2 user board and nothing was mentioned about joystick problems. They did mention some sound problems, but those have not happened with me. But you have given me another good thought. I'll go back to that same forum and see if anyone there has had a similar problem. After all, it was their fault I went to Darwine in the first place. LOL So I might as well dump this problem on them. ::evil::

For sure, when I find a solution, I will get back to the places I have posted the problem and make sure everyone knows the answer.

Back