Kansas City Apple Store Opening Photos

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
Well, I arrived at around 7:40am this morning, thinking the store would open at 9am. Even though it didn't open until 10am, glad I went early.

I was about the 40th person in line by this time. The first folks in line said they got their around 11pm and the secondary folks got their around 12:30am. Shortly after we arrived, it just kept getting longer and longer, wrapped around the corner and extended almost down another entire city block. It was quite the site.

This is a great addition to Kansas City. We sometimes get left out of most things and so having an Apple store is just what KC needed.

Also going on at the Plaza was the annual art fair, so you see all the tents in the pictures outside, that is what was going on. It kicked off around 10am as well.

We left around 10:45am after looking around at the art booths etc, the line was still going around the corner and didn't seem to have went down too much. Glad we where able to get in line and in the store in the first group.

It was chaos and fun all at the same time. Didn't buy anything, can't afford any of it. :) Did get the free t-shirt though... but I'll have to keep at this low-carb thing so I can fit into it someday. :)

See all the photos here!

Heh .. :)
Nice photos Scott. Great you got a store there around. I've been in 2 openings (North Michigan Avenue.. was pretty crazy, and Old Orchard.. was the first there) and it's interesting to see what kind of people are there .. to my surprise (first) not all were hard core geeks - well, maybe the first 20 people on line, but then you always see so many other types of people ..

Thanks for the pics. I like the cop on the Segway.

Can't wait to share pics of the grand opening here - Cairo, Egypt.

Nice pics Scott, always nice to see some opening-shots. :)

pds said:
Thanks for the pics. I like the cop on the Segway.

Can't wait to share pics of the grand opening here - Cairo, Egypt.
There's gonna be an Apple Store in Egypt?! Why do you guys get to be first... :'(
I hope to see a official store here in Europe before i'm 80. ;)

Thanks ScottW,it was almost like being there in person.Are all computer store openings like this or is this an Apple thing?Not being too many around makes them a curiousity or something :confused:.

Nope, you gotta have a userbase like Apple does to do this kind of thing. As far as I know, Apple Store openings are like parties -- which, is unique to Apple. I'm sure others have tried it, but I doubt they ever come close to the hooplah that surrounds an Apple Store opening.

To give credit where credit is due, there was a lot of hooplah at the Gateway Store closings as they were blowing out the plasma screen tv's at about $900. :)

Back