Keyboard drivers on a Macbook under Windows XP

anerki

Registered
First of all a little background information as to explain why I'm reluctant to try and fiddle with the drivers myself ...

I installed Windows XP a couple of days ago to program under a .NET environment (which is non existant on Mac OS X for the obvious reasons).

It took me roughly 7 hours (beer was involved, yes), a complete format of my HD (inability to make partitions even after repairing the HD), 3 installations of Windows XP (blue screen on drivers installation killed everything and had to erase it, inability to reinstall drivers on second try because they were still there even though I remade the partitions from scratch, another complete format of my HD and as such, another clean install of Mac OS X with all the latest updates ...

So now I'm here on my keyboard, which is a pitiful Belgian azerty-layout keyboard. Of course, Apple being Apple, their keyboard layout has to be DIFFERENT (God knows why ...) from ALL the other ones in Belgium and all the other PC manufacturers. Which leads to me not being able to use the larger and smaller than, cross and a bunch of others ...

Do I reinstall the Bootcamp drivers? (they were 100% correctly installed) Do I just buy another keyboard because my keyboard is simply not supported? (ridiculous) Does anyone have any experience with this and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Frederik-Jan

Bump, still no fix? I did get a PC keyboard to avoid the matter alltogether now when I'm at home, but it's far from useful anywhere else. Not being able to use <>{}[] and the like is murder when trying to program anything ...

Does the Windows device manager report a problem with your external keyboard or its drivers? You should be able to update those drivers through the device manager. The Apple drivers install, of course, would be no help with another manufacturer's hardware.

If the BootCamp drivers were the very latest version, I wouldn't reinstall them. (Or maybe I still would.) But you should make sure you have the newest ones, those that install the Software Update control panel for Windows at least.

Does the Windows device manager report a problem with your external keyboard or its drivers? You should be able to update those drivers through the device manager. The Apple drivers install, of course, would be no help with another manufacturer's hardware.

Uninstalled them and reinstalled and updated them blabla with the device manager, didn't help.

I'll check the Software Update thingie later! Hope it helps :p

If there's _no_ Software Update control panel, you'd have to download the newest version of the BootCamp CD with drivers.

AFAIK, that software update is only for Apple's software, which wouldn't help in this case. I think anerki needs drivers for his non-Apple keyboard, which can be discovered through the device manager.

I thought the problem was with the -Apple- keyboard. Probably the one on a MacBook or MacBook Pro. The PC keyboard he's using is - according to his 2nd post - working alright with Windows.

Yeah, keyboard on a Macbook 2Ghz, the version just before the recent updates. (December 2006 if memory serves)

A long time later ... can I take it that any external Windows keyboard will work under bootcamp when I'm running Win XP?

Back