Label Color Songs in iTunes (like in Finder)

jasfa131

The Lone Deranger
Is there a way to make colour labels to songs in iTunes the same way like when I click a file in finder and there's the option for colour labels? I'd like songs to be highlighted in different colours that I can choose.

Is there a way to make colour labels to songs in iTunes the same way like when I click a file in finder and there's the option for colour labels? I'd like songs to be highlighted in different colours that I can choose.

Sounds like something you might would might make a shareware plugin.

I made ages ago some playlists based on genres, not as how the system tells them, but how I feel them. One of the genres was "white". So music I thought feels white (as opposed to black, green, red etc). I ended up making a playlist for that, and just dragged everything I thought fits that category in it. (I hate the default genres, so I hide them)
So if it's just an internal rating system that the existing labels, genres etc can't do, either just do rating as ElDiablo suggested, or just make separate playlists and drag manually (assuming there is no common denominator for the individual pieces in one category or color).

I made ages ago some playlists based on genres, not as how the system tells them, but how I feel them. One of the genres was "white". So music I thought feels white (as opposed to black, green, red etc). I ended up making a playlist for that, and just dragged everything I thought fits that category in it. (I hate the default genres, so I hide them)
So if it's just an internal rating system that the existing labels, genres etc can't do, either just do rating as ElDiablo suggested, or just make separate playlists and drag manually (assuming there is no common denominator for the individual pieces in one category or color).

It's for my DJing playlists. One set of tracks are ones I WILL play, others are tracks I can optionally play if they crowd is feeling it.

Back