LaCie Porsche HD Silverlining for OS X?

mseydel

truculent
I'm having trouble with a 160GB LaCie external drive that I bought a few weeks ago. When I popped the accompanying CD support disc in my Mac, it seems that they only included an OS 9 version of SilverLining. Oof. I just remembered that the only complaint that I've had about LaCie external HDs in the past is this ancient and inefficient software. I mucked around on LaCie's site, but I can't find an OS X version of Silverlining or SL Pro...help!
I have the sinking feeling that I'm going to have to re-format... :mad:

I guess I should've pointed out what kind of problems I'm having with the La Cie drive. I've moved 120 GB of data to it to reduce the load on my local work server, and now the data on the La Cie drive is only available when the drive feels like working. The only option I may have is to split the data amongst a few of my work Macs whilst I reformat the drive...ugh. That's why I was holding out for an OS X 'SilverLining' to my current cloud...

If your drive is truly failing like it seems like it is, then I don't know if Silverlining would do much good... it's a formatting utility, correct? Or does it include some kind of disk repair routines?

If it's a reformat you seek, I would recommend Apple's Disk Utility over Silverlining.

A thread on LaCie Porsche is already listed in the forum. The advice to use Disk Utility should be heeded as my experience is that Silverlining is not such a great product.

Back