Leopard insall freezes up on g4

thee

Registered
I have an ibook Power pc g4 with 1.25gig of ram and 10.3.9 os.

I want to change the os to Leopard 10.5 and can get as far as clicking on the icon to install...waiting for the machine to reboot ...and that is all I do....WAIT

The machine shows a spinning wheel and cluncks and clicks while the disk is being read.

after 20 minutes of this all goes quite but the little spinning wheel keeps spinning...

Nothing else happens.

I have tried to hold down the c key
the option key
and just did a plain old reboot with the disk in the drive...all to no avail.

After looking around for quite some time I thought I would ask for help...

Help?

According to MacTracker the highest OS for an iBook Power PC--you did not give processor speed--is OS 10.4+

--J.D.

Thank you.

I did not pick up on the fact of there being ppc laptops and ppc desktops and the fact that they are different... I only saw ppc and that it was a step up in os'.

Thanks again.

So I should'nt have any issues running Leopard on my iBook G4 1.07 GHz Power PC?
I'd rather just upgrade to Tiger but finding a copy is tough. thx in advance for any advice

Processor speed is only one element. You need a minimum of 512MB RAM memory installed, and check to make sure that you have enough free space on your hard drive. 15 - 20 GB of free space should be good. If you have less, then you will quickly find that you will run out of space....

cool, I've checked more on this & find that I would need a DVD player? Or the correct CD install disks for my iBook

Back