Let's see if your real face looks better than your desktop. Post your pic!

Iuis said:
I hope I am doing this the right way

Yup, you're doing it the right way.

Nice Hyacinthines! Are they yours?

I'm a parrot keeper too. You can find a picture of one of mine here in the Gallery:
http://www.macosx.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=479&c=7

I've just acquired another African Grey. We call him Induna. Just got him this weekend. I'm doing a lot of bleeding at the mo'! :D But we'll win him over.

Still, this is about User photos, not parrot photos. I'm a bit embarrassed about posting my pic here, but those who are desperate to see a pic of CQ can go here:

http://www.v-graphics.co.uk/site/our_people.php

So I haven't posted in this thread since... 2001 (it is mainly because I don't like being photographed).

Well, my wife has been playing with our (very cheep) camera and snapped some shots of me in my computer area. As it'll most likely be around 2011 before any more images of me pop up, I figured I would drag up this old thread.

This first couple images is of me in a good mood...

racerx_01.jpg

and this second couple pics are of me in a... well, not so good mood (we were running very late for an appointment).

racerx_02.jpg

And oddly enough, this is a pic of me back in 1994 with my second Mac (an SE/30).

racerx_1994.jpg

Like I said, I don't like having pictures taken of me so there aren't many around. :D

RacerX: I pictured an older person. I thought you were in your fifties. Your CPU collection and intellect threw me off.

This is a little something I did for my Facebook photo. I scaled it down quite a bit so you can't see how terrible I am at cutting things out in photoshop (I really need to learn how to use it correctly). It got a pretty good reaction from almost everyone that knows me, some thought it was real... ha! as if I would unhook my G5 for a second to take a stupid photo, get real!

Attachments

• ha.jpg
    ha.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 33
HateEternal said:
This is a little something I did for my Facebook photo. I scaled it down quite a bit so you can't see how terrible I am at cutting things out in photoshop (I really need to learn how to use it correctly). It got a pretty good reaction from almost everyone that knows me, some thought it was real... ha! as if I would unhook my G5 for a second to take a stupid photo, get real!

I noticed that the G5 was kind of small compared to what it would look like in real life. I helped my father buy one some years ago and that thing is HUGE! It would have taken up your torso if it were a real one. This one in the picture is too small to be a real G5

nixgeek said:
I noticed that the G5 was kind of small compared to what it would look like in real life. I helped my father buy one some years ago and that thing is HUGE! It would have taken up your torso if it were a real one. This one in the picture is too small to be a real G5

Well, I just eyeballed it. But if I stand next to my G5 and line the bottom with my waist it comes up to my chest. If you look that the photo it starts below my waste and comes to about my chest. :p It's hard to tell. The G5s are big, but not necessarily that tall. Compared to other computers it seems a lot deeper. It also weighs a ton. I think the box it came in had a sticker for like 58 pounds or something.

GNoME said:
Pienso que hay espangoles en este foro pero no se si hablan espangol. Gibs es Deutcher hier in das forum ? Itatliens and portugees.
Pa as portugesas en este foro, se falar portugues tameng un poco ...

Eu sou portuguesa! :p And obviously I speak Portuguese! ;)

Ha, it's actually not "negative" -unless you're speaking of my ill comportment!-. It's just masked with a black and white gradient.

Ha, it's actually not "negative" -unless you're speaking of my ill comportment!-. It's just masked with a black and white gradient.

Well, considering that the thread is entitled "Let's see if your real face looks better than your desktop," unless your name is Mr. Silver I doubt this is what you really look like. :D ::ha::

Back