Lets Start a List of What Works/Doesn't work in WWDC Panther DP

Do you have Panther (10.3) already?

• Yes

• Trying to get it

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
about ichat AV: ichat AV installer only worked on my machine after doing a little work on the installer. But then it seems to work perfectly..

Originally posted by NY152
Don't get rid of that piece of Apple art. Why don't you upgrade the video card?
If you read what he's written, you may notice that he plans on doing JUST that. :)

I haven't even heard about Secure Trash. Does it have anything to do with Filevault?

No, if you secure empty your trash, the files can't be recovered. Like, if the RIAA is knocking on your door, you cn quickly secure empty the trash with all your downloaded mp3's in it. :D Before 7b28, you had 3 different levels (passes) of security, now it's just one.

You know where it says "Empty Trash" under the Finder thing? it says "Secure Empty Trash under that now. :)

That's what he said...

That's a good feature. I should go check out all the new features. Anyone know where I could find a good list? Apple.com?

Thanks for the tip.. I overlooked it, even though i looked very hard.. (i'm used to use shortcuts).
Why are there 3 different options then? 1, 7 or 35 passes? I guess this means it overwrites the file 1, 7 or 35 times?

oh, Arden, i knew from apple.com os x preview that it existed, but they don't tell you there what's in included in the beta's. Therebye they don't tell you how to use everything (some things they do). This because of the beta-thing of course. But then it's quite nice to explore question and found out new options every now and then..

DAMN RESET FORM BUTTON.

*calms down*

okay. just installed panther release 7A179. wow is it cool! too bad it's not working, in a very strange way.

i had 2 accounts when i installed it:

Leigh (admin)
Guest (standard)

under Leigh, there was

-no dock
-disabled alt-tab
-no exposé
-no Mail

but under the Guest it all worked fine.

I set up another admin account, and everything works fine there too.

any ideas? this is just so weird.

thanks a bunch,

-Leigh

Well, it's a test build. Updating the OS can have some strange effects. I'd just replace that user with the new one. And, of course, install the newer versions of Panther. But be careful and be prepared (with backups).

Back