Lets Start a List of What Works/Doesn't work in WWDC Panther DP

Do you have Panther (10.3) already?

• Yes

• Trying to get it

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
::angel::
Good job hulkaros! Thanks a lot!
Ok, actually that idea of the language-pack was it. I didn't have to boot into macos9.
Perfect!
*KISSSS* ;) :confused:

Ahhh, I love a happy ending ;) :)

Anyways, a word of warning concerning Mail.app...

I sent a couple e-mails out last week, only to find, upon checking my sent messages, they had all been cut right down to just the signature! (The recipients received their mail intact). However, I had no record of what I had sent (unless they reply back with the message, or I printed, or backed up). Thankfully, since this is a preview, I'm not stoopid enough to send critical stuff out. ;)

Originally posted by Zammy-Sam
::angel::
Good job hulkaros! Thanks a lot!
Ok, actually that idea of the language-pack was it. I didn't have to boot into macos9.
Perfect!
*KISSSS* ;) :confused:

;)

Has anyone been able to print on Jaguar, with, oh— let's say an Epson Stylus C82? I've heard that it won't work because it doesn't recognize the print drivers. If this were the case, what would be the remedy for this ailment? ;)

Cubase SX works, but there are a few display problems, particuarly with the transport bar. It's a little snappier though.

Logic seems to work fine. Also a little quicker.

MOTU 828 MK1 driver doesn't work. At least not version 1.02. Just fails to load when the 828 is connected.

Peak 3.2.1 works, and does seem to be slightly quicker also. I haven't been able to make it crash, even with very large files.

TeXShop 1.28 works well, and is even a bit faster AFAICT, but I am unable to make new files via File>New or Cmd+N.

iDVD 3 doesn't work for me, version 3.0.1 at least. I didn't try iDVD before the new update.

Why shouldn't it work? It should work. If I try to create a new project, I can't save the .dvdproj file anywhere, if I click create, nothing happens.

I've tried Exposé on everything from >=iMac G3/400/256MB RAM and works like a charm! Although, the Cube effect isn't working at least the Fast User Switching is FAST! I still cannot understand how Apple did it and especially in a Preview product! Anyone with XP and 1-2 years old Wintels/AMDs (and depending on the apps even on new ones) will understand me better on this :D It is DAMN fast! Not just the switching but the way that the system works with loaded apps on all users too (I've tried it with up to 4 users) ;)

Originally posted by hulkaros
I've tried Exposé on everything from >=iMac G3/400/256MB RAM and works like a charm! Although, the Cube effect isn't working at least the Fast User Switching is FAST! I still cannot understand how Apple did it and especially in a Preview product! Anyone with XP and 1-2 years old Wintels/AMDs (and depending on the apps even on new ones) will understand me better on this :D It is DAMN fast! Not just the switching but the way that the system works with loaded apps on all users too (I've tried it with up to 4 users) ;)

That's true! XP user switching is anything but fast, even on this P4 2600/512Mb Dell I have sitting next to me. The system is slower with it just switched on!

But XP is only 'fast' at the foreground task, sometimes, maybe ::ha::

I'd say there's a noticeable difference with Expose between my iBook & Cube. The iBook is definitely smoother. Time to dump the Rage 128 I think :eek:

Captain Code, those errors you got are really weird, I suggest a clean reinstall. The reason why some people have problems than others don't have is beyond me, but at first, I had a few bugs, then did a clean reinstall, and those bugs were gone, but new ones arrived. It's real weird. But that's what you get with an alpha..

Just upgraded to 7B21. I drop in a blank CD, copy some files to it in finder, and click the BURN icon.... crash and burn - finder quits unexpectedly.

Any one else try this?

Originally posted by bookem
I'd say there's a noticeable difference with Expose between my iBook & Cube. The iBook is definitely smoother. Time to dump the Rage 128 I think :eek:

Don't get rid of that piece of Apple art. Why don't you upgrade the video card?

my 2 cents.

For me, AIM has a weird glitch. Whenever a sound is activated (sending/recieving IMs, etc.), AIM freezes for about half a second. That may not seem like much...but half a second every IM adds up. For now, I'm using iChat (I'm liking it more and more every day...lol)...so there's my 2 cents.

Back