Lets Start a List of What Works/Doesn't work in WWDC Panther DP

Do you have Panther (10.3) already?

• Yes

• Trying to get it

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
MSN Messenger works, but when you enter a message, the scrollbar doesnn't automaticly scroll down anymore, so after each and every word, you have to manually put the scrollbar down.

ok, the newest version of kung-tunes does work

im going to dl a nightly of camino again and see if anythings fixed

what about toast? i read that it doesn't works on panther ...

anyone with working toast?

Nope, Toast just doesn't work yet. But don't worry, when Panther will be given to the public, these minor bugs will a be sorted out. That's why developers get 10.3 early.

I can't for the life of me, get Photoshop 7 to work.

I reinstalled it 3 times and it just says "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occured because you do not have the neccesary access privileges."
BAH, I'm the administrator on this computer.:mad:

Originally posted by Captain Code
I can't for the life of me, get Photoshop 7 to work.[...]

Cap'n, have you tried sudo open /Path/To/Photoshop.app in the Terminal? If it's complaining about administrator privileges, that might do the trick.

Just tried it now.. Still got the same error . Pretty strange as it works on other people's installs of Panther.

Safari is a bit buggy. Sometimes the text in this text box I'm typing this into will dissappear. If I scroll down and back up it'll show up.

Right clicking on a folder and selecting "Remove folder actions" doesn't seem to work, I have to go to "Configure Folder Actions" to remove them.

Final Cut Pro 3 & 4 don't work right for me in Panther.

uControl is also broken, and Cocoa Gestures now makes weird things happen sometimes.

I'm an admin and as an admin I can't install pithhelmet because "I don't have sufficient priviledges". But of course, I do.

Maybe try and make sure that you really, really, really get rid of everything Adobe, then reinstall all the Adobe apps and updates that you have. Must say: I had no problems with Adobe apps in Panther so far. All working fine.

(Don't forget the Application Support folders!)

Just tried reinstalling after deleting everything Adobe on my drive. Still same problem. I guess it doesn't like me::evil::

Hmm... Then you've got me... Maybe SOMETHING ELSE is preventing it from running. What does the console.app say when PS fails to launch?

It doesn't say much in the Console:

SysBreakStr: An unexpected exception has occurred.
SysBreakStr: An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occurred (primary). Exiting.

Back