Lion: Switching spaces with the mouse only?

Hippo Man

Hippo Man
Up through Snow Leopard, I was able to use a 3rd-party program called Hyperspaces to switch Spaces with the mouse, using a drop-down menu in the menu bar. However, now that I am running Lion, the entire Spaces system has changed and I can no longer run Hyperspaces.

I want to be able to switch Spaces with the mouse and only (!!!) with the mouse, preferably via a drop-down menu. Is there any way to do this within Lion? Or am I stuck with the inconvenience (from my point of view) of having to use keystrokes (or a combination of a keystroke and a mouseclick, such as F12 + mouseclick) to switch Spaces in this new OS?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PS: I found out that Hyperspaces will not be upgrading to run under Lion, so waiting for them to do so is not an option.
.​

Why would you need the keyboard just to switch to another space?
Use the mouse, maybe with a hot corner, or just click on the Mission Control icon in the dock, or use a trackpad gesture to get to Mission control, or change to another space simply with a trackpad gesture. I realize you said mouse, and not trackpad, but once you get to Mission Control, then you have access to any of your spaces from there, simply by clicking on one, all from the 'mouse, and only (!!!) with the mouse'

Ah! I didn't notice the Mission Control icon in the Dock. I see now that I can use it to switch Spaces, as you have pointed out.

I wish I could get it (or something like it) into the status bar at the top, but until (unless) that is ever possible, I can live with it in the dock.

Thank you very much!
.​

You can also set a keyboard shortcut. Look in System Preferences under "Keyboard".

What about setting a function key to launch Mission Control, then picking the mouse up with your hand and using a corner of the mouse to physically press that function key?

:)

I like it - Funny!
:D

Would you call that a 'crossover action', or what? I would never have thought of it.

Back