Losing connection via Airpot

school209

Registered
I have an interesting problem....my MacBook can connect to any wireless network (Home, motels, public libraries, etc.) without any issues. When I come to my work place (school) it has issues connecting. I drop off or am really slow connecting to our server. We are running an exchange server (if that helps). We also are assigning IPs dynamically. My Mac is running OS 10.5.6. It is the 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook. I am wanting to keep my connection to our Airports. Once I connect via Ethernet, I am good to go. My airport connection sometimes works, and sometimes not. It is very frustrating when I need to move around. Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance!!!

Could it be a combination of the sheer number of wireless users at your school, coupled with low signal strength?

If it's unique to your school's wireless network, I would think the problem lies with the network, not the MacBook.

Could it be a combination of the sheer number of wireless users at your school, coupled with low signal strength?

If it's unique to your school's wireless network, I would think the problem lies with the network, not the MacBook.
I always have good signal strength. Do you have any ideas as to what it could be in the network?

Also, if there are a large number of users connecting wirelessly to the same wireless access point, that can also cause a drop in signal.

Usually the airport I connect to might only have maximum of 4 people connecting to it. We have 2 airports with probably 8 people between the two in our area of our school connecting.

I'm not really sure what's causing it then... what brand and model of router are they using? What encryption type? What band (2.4GHz, 5GHz, etc.)? What 802.11 protocol (a, b, g, n, etc.)?

Back