Mac 10.4.1 is up!!

nietzsche2131

Registered
It's out!!!!!! Works great so far. The build is definitly working great haven't tried the widget thing but I will. Come everybody software update!! This is what people have been waiting for!! Download it!! :)

Yea the dectecting a widget file preventing thing is up and working too! Apple was very timely about fixing the thing about how any site could randomly install on your computer and would have to go to your library and kill it off, then restart your computer to fully get rid of your widget. Kudos Apple!

Yay, now I can Tiger update. Maybe I should do it now. Gotta back up my downloads folder first just in case.

Awwww...I wanted to be the first to post on 10.4.1 :D

Go Apple. Way to be on top of this.

Steve

java_swt is taking up a lot of CPU time since this update when I run azereus. Maybe it's just this torrent but I don't think so. It's going from anywhere between 20-90%

Lt Major Burns said:
what exposé bug? or do you just mean the fact that's hardly instant anymore, even on high-end powermacs?

Speak for yourself. Runs as smooth as ever on my 5 year old G4. Upgraded CPU and Radeon 9800.

Captain Code said:
I get a ripple effect on dashboard though...

ok, here's my gripes. I hope someone can help me:
1) it feels kinda slower, and spotlight is apparently done indexing
2) after restart, dashboard doesnt stay like how it was before
3) some websites have suddenly developed an ugly font, what were the font settings in Panther?

Arg. I get kernel panics on boot now. The only thing that I can think of is I had iSroll 2 installed. Anyone else have iScroll working with 10.4.1?

Expose seems fine to me. I'm running on a mac mini and have open the following programs, itunes, adium, x11(running open office), camino, and lastly safari. I know these aren't really high end programs that are running but still for only 256mb of RAM expose is running nicely. That's odd that it is doing that since it wasn't being reported as far as I can tell.

using B15, dunno if the official is different, but everything is smooth as can be here :)

what is really getting me down is the complete inconsistency of it all - why do i find the system to be frail, unstable, choppy and bad with memory usage, and others say it's lightning fast, and faster than tiger, often with a slower machine than my own - i feel like i've been ripped off, both in tiger, and my choice of computer - would i be happier with a B+W G3? people seem to be loving those since they got tiger....

where does this inconsistency come from? how come no-one can really explain it?

Well, regarding the Expose thingy: I have no problems with expose and speed on my machine. That again, I had no problems with 10.4 as well.

@Lt. Major Burns: Have you bugged the folks at Apple or Apple Retail Partner about this? I find it a bit... 'weird' ...to put it that way, that Tiger is running better on my G4 MDD than on your Dual G5 from your explanations. I would check with some Apple folks on this

Different expectations perhaps? You've got a dual G5 so perhaps you're expecting it to provide instant responses. The B&W G3 owner is probably just happy to have the machine running, with no real hiccups :).

Back