Mac 10.4.1 is up!!

very good! it does work...

now i just need the rest of my sytem to improve. like spotlight (still slower than panther line-searching), and the overall mamoery management

actually, jus now, i was playing with some smartfolders i've had (recent work, etc) and the finder restarted three times, each time overloading the cpu after i tried to do, well, anything with it: change to icon view, edit parameters, close the window! spotlight is SOO buggy on mine. i used a dual 2.0 rev 3 in the apple shop yesterday, tested spotlight, and it WAS instant, like everyone elses is. is spotlight taking the piss out of my mac?

I might have missed this earlier in the thread, but did you take it to an Apple retail center to see what they think?

there's not one close, and i don't have a car, and it weighs a bloody ton.... felt the weight of 3mm aluminium casing?

i'm starting to think the smae thing though. i'll phone up apple support. (and i won't take no for an answer. god i hate apple support...)

MBHockey said:
FINALLY!

I disabled Beam Sync, and now Exposé works beautifully -- Like on Panther!

Please make sure you file a bug report with Apple on this! It's amazing how few bugs are actually reported, let alone ones that are reproducible...

Just some background for you, Beam Sync forces things to sync to the monitors refresh rate. There's some "discussion" going on in one of Apple's mailing lists complaining about it - seems to slow down OpenGL stuff significantly if another window is overlapping it.

For the technically inclined: looks like Beam Sync forces the display to block if it's trying to refresh faster than the monitor's refresh rate. Which will at least make things look slower, if not actually make them slower.

correct me if i'm wrong, but lcd's don't have a refresh do they? so this would be pointless, and a waste of resource (it obviously is that)

Back