.Mac E-mail not working...

mightyjlr

Registered
hi all,
I have not received any e-mails on my .Mac account as of around 9 PM yesterday. I checked this morning and there were no new e-mails, so I tried sending one to .Mac from another one of my accounts, and over an hour later I still haven't got it. I went on www.mac.com and nothing is showing up there either. Does anyone know anything about .Mac e-mail being down?

one of the e-mails got bounced back, with this message:

Original-recipient: rfc822;mightyjlr@mac.com
Final-recipient: rfc822;mightyjlr@ims-ms-daemon
Action: failed

Mind you, I am using about 2 mb of my mailbox, not to mention I pay to have 50mb with my .Mac account.

Do you have messages in another mail box, maybe in the trash ?

chevy said:
Do you have messages in another mail box, maybe in the trash ?
it shouldnt matter, when I look at y mailbox in .Mac it says I'm only using about 2mb of 50mb. And I cleared out the trash anyway.

My .Mac account has been working well.
  1. Is your .Mac account setup as an IMAP or POP account?
  2. Have you checked in Mail under Mailbox > Online Status to see if by some chance your .Mac account has been taken offline? That has happened to me more than once.
  3. When you say you "looked at my Mailbox..." was that just your Inbox or did you also include Sent Mail, Junk Mail, Trash and any other mailbox that is not under "On this Mac" in Mail?
  4. Have you gone to your iDisk to see how much of your 50 MB is free?

He mentions he tried the web access, so this should not be problem (2).

This morning (Wed, EST) when I try to visit www.mac.com I immediately get a page from Apple saying that .Mac is temporarily available. This is from my work PC.

Earlier today from home on my iMac when I woke it up from sleep I got a message that the size of my iDisk on my computer did not match the size of my iDisk online. iDisk went away from my desktop for a few seconds, then came back.

I woke it up again about an hour later and the same thing happened.

I manually synched it, and it said it was successful.

FYI: I use Panther and I have automatic iDisk syncing turned on.

Could the problems be related?

It is reasonable to assume that these problems were because Apple was busy behind-the-scenes bumping everyone's iDisk storage up 25MB to 125MB and making changes to the .Mac email (you now have 25MB instead of 15MB, and the max. message size is now 10MB, up from 3MB.)

http://www.macnn.com/news/26426

Back