mac mouse

I've heard of time machine, that in applications? not too sure when i installed it, will look and see if i can find the date, so if i did that would it go back to the old mac os?

Yes, if you did a direct upgrade. If you formatted the HD(erased it), it won't.

so would i look for a day before i upgraded or something?
it said: Your Time Machine backup disk can’t be found.

Oh yeah, you need a backup drive for the new time machine to work! This is our final chance to fix it before we give it to apple. Before we continue, I need to know a few things:
Did you buy the Macbook brand new or used?
Did it come with some grey discs?

All Macs have a special set of discs made for that model. These usually are;
*A set of Restore Discs(the number varies by each model)
*An Application Disc(includes iLife and games and such)
*A Disc labeled Hardware Diagnostic Disc(To help with diagnosing hardware problems)
*And last but not least, A Version of Mac OS X that was available when that computer was released(You said you had a black MacBook, so your computer shipped with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger through 10.5.6 Leopard)

Using the System restore disc(s) sets your computer back to the day it was opened, no lion.
Using the Software Install disc won't make the computer restore, it will install the version shipped with the Mac.
I would also recommend before using any system software-changing discs to use the hardware diagnostics disc. This disc will tell you if the problem is hardware-based(though from what has happened, I will bet it's Software-Based).

Hope you can get the thing running!

i do remember getting some disks yeah , not sure what or where they are.. i got my black macbook in about 2008, ever since I've installed the new mac os I've had the problem :( , i bought the mac brand new in the apple store..so it could be to do with installing the new os or a program I've downloaded why it goes weird?

Your hard drive has a partition for your booting system,which has all of your files, apps, etc. You have Lion installed now, which also creates a second partition, which is completely hidden from you until you try restarting while holding Command-R.
Your Mac will then boot to the Recovery partition, which will simply show you a menu with various utilities. Choose Reinstall OS X, and you will get a reinstall. Your files and apps will be safe (unless there is a major problem in the system itself)
As always, if you are nervous about your own files and music, etc. you should backup your files before you begin any major software work, or install system updates, etc.

This link is a good one for more information about reinstalling Lion - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

link still not opening, so if i try that would it stop this annoying thing from happening?
started when upgraded to lion.. is command the one with the apple sign or the K kinda button?

Sounds like you have an older Apple keyboard?
Yes, the Apple key is also called "command"
So, there's two steps:
Restart, while holding Apple-R
You'll see a menu screen. One of the choices will be "Reinstall OS X"
Choose that one. It does NOT erase your hard drive. You will NOT lose all your files. It simply installs a fresh OS X system. Follow the prompts to get that started.
It will take quite a long time to complete, and it will need your internet connection.
Expect the reinstall to take at least an hour - depending a lot on the speed of your internet connection.
When that completes, run your Software Update, to assure that your system is completely up-to-date.

Did you look at your battery yet, to see any obvious swelling?
The task is way too simple to wait for a tech to show you how easy it would be.

ok thanks will try that and leave battery, not tried it

Don't 'leave the battery'
when you take it out, then look at it - you can immediately put it back in...

I continue to offer this as a choice for you, because it might be causing your problem, and it's too easy to do, and will help you eliminate the battery as a source of your trackpad problem - and you won't have to wait for someone else to tell you that the battery is not your issue. You can see that for yourself!

Why are you choosing to ignore this "no-brainer" task?

I'm just trying to help :D - do you have physical challenge that prevents you from turning your MacBook upside-down?

would rather they see in apple if i can , if i need to go there.. would re installing help you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QRTTTXIK0I

There's a video on how to remove the battery. C'mon! This is a simple task! it's not like you have the no visible battery design!

Anyway, here's the other solution I thought of: If you don't have your grey MacBook discs, really your only DIY way would be to buy a disc copy of snow leopard. Here's a link from where I'd buy it

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A

I don't know if you're in walking distance to an Apple Store, but you can try going there to pick it up yourself!

not sure where discs are now and i don't wanna buy one, can't afford it.. yep saw the video if battery was bloated and u said i should leave it out, how would i use my macbook? i just don't wanna do it but see what u mean that u say its not hard

not sure where discs are now and i don't wanna buy one, can't afford it.. yep saw the video if battery was bloated and u said i should leave it out, how would i use my macbook? i just don't wanna do it but see what u mean that u say its not hard

Ok. So you just don't want to deal with it? I don't want to sound mean but Apple will make you pay a buttload of money to fix it! So now I'll let you decide: Do the battery experiment yourself, or have apple make you pay a lot of money and tell you the battery's the problem?

You can run the computer from the AC adapter cable you use to charge your MacBook.

so id turn my comp off and take it out of the charge if gonna try and would it be really obvious if its bigger? if battery the problem, would i need to buy a new one?

so id turn my comp off and take it out of the charge if gonna try and would it be really obvious if its bigger? if battery the problem, would i need to buy a new one?

Yeah, turn it off, remove the battery, plug in the AC adapter, examine the battery, turn on th ecomputer and test.

so id leave the battery out? the problem doesn't always happen straight away when turn on, so how would i defo know to test it?

Back