mac mouse

nope not done anything yet, just told u how the problem occurs.. will try the re-install when a disc has stopped copying and see

tried the re-install and said i didn't purchase lion with my apple id account so couldn't proceed any further cos i downloaded lion from a torrent site

Ah, well that would explain it all, won't it?
No sympathy here.... Other than I can hope you can learn a timely lesson about torrents.

(rant) I can't understand why folks put themselves at risk with torrent downloads of any operating system, or any software, for that matter. Lion especially - which is only $30 as a download from Apple, and you know your download is the up-to-date, no-malware version. No way to be sure about either of those with a torrent. The major plus with that $30 download, is that if you need to download again, you can do that without purchasing it again - and the download is the current version, not always the same version that you originally downloaded, and for no additional cost, other than your time. You get what you paid for.... (end rant)

If there is an actual hardware problem, and it's not the battery causing the issue, then you would have to replace the top case, which includes the keyboard, trackpad, and the rest of the top panel of your MacBook.

BTW, it's not really annoying to me, as I choose to not put myself at risk, as you did. And - as it turns out - it's annoying to you, and not the best choice you ever made.
Don't get me wrong! I am not implying that the torrent caused a hardware problem on your system. I AM suggesting that a torrent can often have corrupted files, or even (not unusual) some form of malware purposely added to the image. That's my point - you often get what you pay for, when trying to avoid purchasing software legally, you can end up on the wrong end (again!), and there's no one else to blame... (sorry, fell into a rant again...)

i understand so no worries.. ahh so if it was a case of apple replacing all that would it cost a lot? since an average macbook is about £1000 . is it to do with me upgrading to lion or just my actual mac, do you think? your a kind person with helping me anyway :)

Battery from Apple, probably still about $130, I think. The top case is maybe $150, plus labor to replace that.

But, neither would be needed if the problem is simply a software glitch (or corrupted file somewhere)
And - during the time you are wasting on questions that may not need answering yet, you could take 2 minutes to check if the battery appears to be swelling, and perhaps causing your whole issue.
Why don't you take the moment to try that? If it's not the battery causing that, then you move on to something else. If you need a battery, that may be the only need - and the only cost. And, you'll also see how easy it is to replace yourself.............. :D

i understand so no worries.. ahh so if it was a case of apple replacing all that would it cost a lot? since an average macbook is about £1000 . is it to do with me upgrading to lion or just my actual mac, do you think? your a kind person with helping me anyway :)

Well, Illegal downloading caused the problem, huh? Well, I hope you know that not paying and downloading illegally is bad.

Now we have to somehow try to pinpoint the problem. Did the battery fix the problem?

well i looked at it with my mum and if the big one is the battery looks like theres sticky stuff holding it down, is that the battery? theres also a lil thing near it with like 2 locks kinda thing.. and a little hole.. not sure where to put the coin

The slot points to the 'locked' symbol, which means the battery is locked in place. put a coin in the slot, and turn the lock to the 'unlocked' symbol. The battery will simply lift out..
Or, is there just a hole in that area of the lock symbols, and the lock is missing because it's broken, and the battery is just held in place with some tape....
If that's what you see, then, yes, continue with your plan to have this checked out by a tech.

"sticky stuff" ? Do you mean like syrup? or glue? The case bottom might accumulate a variety of substances that can simply be wiped off. Does it actually feel sticky? Or, is the sticky stuff just tape?

ah right ok so the slot is where i need to open.. never tampered with it so should be fine..big thing feels sticky underneath , not sure..

taken battery out and working normal as i would to see if it happens,is it bad to work with no battery? looked online and other people seemed to have trackpad issues with battery too

Yes, and that might happen because the battery is swelling, thus pushing from underneath the trackpad. That pressure can prevent the trackpad and its button from operating properly. That's what this is all about.
You can certainly operate with no battery installed - you just have to be careful that you don't accidentally unplug the power plug, because your MacBook would cut off instantly.

turn your battery upside-down on a flat surface, and see if the battery is flat. If you can rock the battery at all, then it's swelling..........

ok thanks so while testing need to remember to keep it plugged in.. ah i see, well so far so good, if it is the battery, would save up to buy another.. can't seem to tell if its swollen or not.. guess will know if problem comes out or not with no battery in?

Back