Mac MSN Messenger 4.0..........

jonmichael23

Registered
did anyone even notice that its out? I looked for a thread on it but didn't find it, was it just uploaded to the site today? Oh and, don't bother expecting ANYTHING.......yay we now have a new icon for it , and the emoticons that windows users have had for quite some time......oh yeah, and they don't even move. I'm still stunned by this :mad: . I'm starting to wonder if Mac Messenger will EVER be on par with messenger 6 for windows.......maybe by 2008? This is just....... :(

Good ol' Microsuck.....how very disappointing

I thought this wasn't supposed to be released until after june 1st? Anyone think there is a possibility in an update around that time, seeing as its still version 4.0.0 which is what the alpha version i had was? Maybe they just released it already because 3.5 signed off for no reason and was a piece of crap, maybe 4.0 has been updated so that that won't happen anymore. As for now, I've given up all hope :confused:

I too has hoping. Oh well, I know most of my friends moved on to Fire, iChat AV and other programs. I still love the voice and video function of iChat AV. All we need now is a conference voice or video function in ichat AV and that will do it for me.

Satcomer said:
I too has hoping. Oh well, I know most of my friends moved on to Fire, iChat AV and other programs. I still love the voice and video function of iChat AV. All we need now is a conference voice or video function in ichat AV and that will do it for me.

I seriously cannot believe Microsoft. The last version of MSN (3.5) came out almost a year ago, and in an entire year they add a few measley emoticons? Good work, idiots.

Well, they also (supposedly) fixed the firewall file-transfer bug, and though I've yet to experience any problems with it yet I may be adding an addemdum to this post later.

Honestly though, MSN is just fine for me. I wanted those emoticons, and while there are still no big features (like webcam support) I'm still happpy with it.

I'd never install an MSN6-like MSN on my Mac ... it needs to go on a serious diet.

well ive diched the msn micosoft client. and moved over to aMSN its amazing! if not a but glichy

I have to MSN 4 on the Mac is not even close to MSN 6 on the PC. Frankly, it's not too different from 3.5 aside from a few cosmetic changes. It'll get there though. I think most of us would rather iChat AV get MSN suppport though.

its absolute crap! it hasnt solved the cut-you-off-every 2-mins-problem either i've been cut ff 4 times in the 35 mins i've been using the new version! I am also happy to see the new emoticon supported but why dont they move - pile of crap- and again no speach or video chat! this was not worth a full point upgrade! and prob not even 3.6! i'm emailing microst to tell them how crap their software is and if this is possible it now goes slower than 3.5 when i type messages in the text box especialy long ones it can often be aslong as a minute behind! so it takes me ages ive gotto wait till the text eventualy comes up corrdct it then send it which againtakes ages! what the hell is wrong witht this update!!! please micrsoft 4.1 on June 1st with MOVNING emoticons and fix the cut offs!!!

been using 3.5 for a loooong time now, probably since it came out and i've never experienced any of the problems you're talking about. never been cutted off, never been behind with text. so i'm quite pleased as it is.

maybe once had trouble transfering files, but really nothing to speak about.

would have been nice to be able to add picture personal picture etc as you may on windows though.

alex.

right thats it im going back to 3.5 doesany 1 know wher i can download it again! this is utter crap! it wont even let me reconect with out shutting the app and restarting it again I guess what they say is true with microsoft wait for Rev B i.e. 4.1!

stuff that im now using fire! much beter! i actulay was going mad! my text was geting sent in different windows from the one i was typing them in!

Wow jobsen_ski, I never experienced ANY of the problems you have. I get the impression your G3-500 is seriously not cutting it anymore (I remember having a G3-600 and I have to admit, it kind of sucked).

No point in blaming Microsoft, they're not the ones who made your processor crap (for the 1 minute behind text). For being cut off, you might want to check your network connection or with your ISP to see if they might not be the cause of the problem.

Hey cellfish, don't go dissing Apple because Microsoft can't code! Nothing else lags minutes behind like that.
On the other hand, jobsen_ski, I think you should check to make sure nothing is wrong with your computer. Try creating a new user and using MSN there. And you might also try Proteus, it's much like Fire.

Back