Mac OS X 10.1.5 Released!

Lol. Well I KNOW it's going to be released tomorrow. :p

Anyway, I tried changing the thread title, but it never changes in the forum. Sorry. :\

Just look for "Mac OS X 10.1.5 ACTUALLY released" or something to that effect. :p

call me a jerk for questioning this thread?:rolleyes:

... or did they call me jerk 'cause they know me:eek:

i appreciate that you tried to fix the thread title, Sim.

i hope i didn't come across as hostile before, i was just mildly annoyed by the false advertising.

guess i'll know better for next time. this is the internet after all, i should've known better. :eek:

anyway, let's see if you're right about today...though i don't doubt it, with the big announcement coming and all...

who has the final say as to when an update goes out, or is held back for further "enhnacements"? Jobs? Tenavian? Schiller? Or is it some other dude with a "Project Manager" title.

Either way, it seems that whenver Apple is expected to release an update, they stall, almost as if to say "Hey - we'll release the damn thing when we are ready - not when the general public expects us to".

I mean, the damn thing is on every Mac in all the Apple store's - what's holding it back?

Probably nothing other than maybe last-minute bug-fixes and possibly the announcement today.

Seems stable to me though, even if SCSI burning broke for me. (Which is hopefully fixed in the final)

Originally posted by fryke
I'm sure someone @ Apple is reading this thread. He's got his mouse cursor hovering above the 'Release 10.1.5' button, grinning at our posts.

4 minutes to go? or 24 hours?

LOL, I was just going to say the same thing :D

Originally posted by ksuther
Are we allowed to beat you if 10.1.5 isn't here today, simX? :D

Yeah, you can. ;)

I'm wondering about the answer to serpi's question too, though.

10.1.5.jpg

5S57.jpg

Update 10.1.5 delivers enhancements which improve the reliability of Mac OS X applications, delivers improved networking, security, support for PC Card serial communication devices, and expanded peripheral device support. Specific improvements include:

Peripheral Device Support:
- Expanded support for new Canon digital cameras.
- Improved support for Nikon FireWire cameras.
- Expanded support for SmartDisk, EZQuest, and LaCie disc recording devices.
- Improved support for MO drives.

Application Improvements:
- Increased stability of Mail and Sherlock.
- Emails are properly retained when rebuilding the Draft mailbox.
- Support for 2D and QuickTime hardware acceleration for Rage Pro.
- Updated Carbon applications can use Quartz anti-aliasing technology for high quality text display.

Networking and Security Improvements:
- Improves networking via AFP when accessing multi-level directories on Windows NT file servers.
- Significant improvement to file searching on local and remote volumes.
- Includes a generic PC Card driver to support a variety of PC Card modems.
- Mail accounts go offline to indicate that SSL encryption settings are not supported by mail server.
- Includes Security Update April 2002.

WebDAV Improvements:
- More efficient iDisk mounting and file navigation.
- Added support for connecting to iDisk using default DNS settings of AirPort.
- Support for mounting a WebDAV volume from a non-standard http port.

Asian Language Improvements:
- Significant updates to the Korean Input Method, especially important when using AppleWorks.
- Internet Connect and AirPort applications updated with Chinese and Korean localized content.

I'm not saying it's officially released, but it's just to get you started... ;)

Well.. i just found this link to 10.1.5 in a newsgroup..

http://213.237.115.28/

and here are the release notes from the file i downloaded :
Mac OS X Update 10.1.5 delivers enhancements which improve the reliability of Mac OS X applications, delivers improved networking, security, and expanded peripheral device support. Specific improvements include:

Peripheral Device Support:
-Expanded support for new Canon digital cameras
-Improved support for Nikon FireWire cameras
-Expanded support for SmartDisk, EZQuest, and LaCie disc recording devices
-Improved support for MO drives

Application Improvements:
-Increased stability of Mail and Sherlock
-Emails are properly retained when rebuilding the Draft mailbox
-Updated Carbon applications can use Quartz anti-aliasing technology for high quality text display

Networking and Security Improvements:
-Improves networking via AFP when accessing multi-level directories on Windows NT file servers
-Significant improvement to file searching on local and remote volumes
-Mail accounts go off-line to indicate that SSL encryption settings are not supported by the mail server

WebDAV Improvements:
-More efficient iDisk mounting and file navigation
-Added support for connecting to iDisk using default DNS settings of AirPort
-Support for mounting a WebDAV volume from a non-standard http port

Asian Language Improvements:
-Significant updates to the Korean Input Method, especially important when using AppleWorks
-Internet Connect and AirPort applications updated with Chinese and Korean localized content

I have a different readme file i see... Seems that 'my' newer build has some more features... And i got this build already 8 days, who knows what they have @ Apple right now...

Back