Mac OS X 10.1.5 Released!

Be still my beating heart...
- Support for 2D and QuickTime hardware acceleration for Rage Pro.
I just about had a heart attack when I read this.

It's downloading as I speak, so I'll have to see if I notice any difference.

figures....I've been checking software update all day yesterday and all day today....but then I lay down at 5:00 for about 45mins and it's here! Yay!

haha, and to think I was just about to download that other one from that post earlier....

Originally posted by ksuther
Lucky for simX :D
Yay, I sure hope it has Canon PowerShot A40 support...

Yeah, I know. Lucky for me. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get a severe beating here on MacOSX.com.... ;)

Originally posted by simX

Yeah, I know. Lucky for me. I was beginning to wonder if I was going to get a severe beating here on MacOSX.com.... ;)

I was thinking of administering it. :eek: ;)

Okay, pardon the ignorant question...

What does "Support for 2D and QuickTime hardware acceleration for Rage Pro" do that I can see?

What should I do to see this in action?

I have a G4 867 with the GeForce 2 TwinView... Shouldn't that qualify?

Well, you're seeing as much graphics acceleration as you can. Until Jag-wire comes through with Quartz Extreme. It's just that users with the Rage Pro card will now see benefits.

Quick question: If my Mac OS X doesn't run Software Update by itself, what can I do to force it to update? Thanks in advance.
-Doofy

Originally posted by doofy10
Quick question: If my Mac OS X doesn't run Software Update by itself, what can I do to force it to update? Thanks in advance.
-Doofy
1. Open the System Preferences in the Applications folder.
2. Click on the Software Update icon.
3. Click the Update Now button.
4. Click the checkbox in the update selection screen next to Mac OS X Update.
5. Click the Install button.

That's it! Hope that helps..

just go in to the system pref's under the apple menu, click on software update, then update now

Twister:cool:

Originally posted by twister
just go in to the system pref's under the apple menu, click on software update, then update now

Twister:cool:
Beat ya to it! Muhahahahah! :D

Originally posted by doofy10
Wow. That was easy. Please excuse my stupidity. :)
-Doofy
Not knowing is not stupidity, it's ignorance. And ignorance is entirely forgivable, especially when the person seeks the knowledge they lack.

IOW, don't call yourself stupid for not knowing.

Back