Mac OS X 10.3.6 Seeded

the update was about 80% optimized when my machine had a kernel panic. freaked me out.
I rebooted the thing, all was fine, and now my system shows as being 10.3.6
haven't had any issues since the update hope it continues that way.

anyone else have this happen?

Yikes...no that hasn't happened to me. Sounds like all is well, but that certainly would give me a good scare.

I'd try to update the system _again_ if that happened. Or at least do the prebinding again by hand.

MBHockey said:
Zammy-Sam, i used to get that before 10.3.6, i'm not sure if it has happened yet...it usually happens when a page is still loading and i begin to scroll.
You are right, MBHockey, only happenes when I get inpatient and start scrolling before the page is loaded. Hmpf, ok, then I will wait.. ;)

Yeah, the WebKit rendering problem has been around for as long as WebKit itself. It's easy to repair, just scroll up and down again or else drag and select some text.

Can someone do me a favor real quick and read me the value for "WebKitInitialTimedLayoutDelay" in your com.apple.Safari.plist is?

I am curious if Apple changed this value, mine is 0.000001, but i'm not sure if that's because of Safari Speed or the latest Safari update and i think originally, it was 1.

Thanks

so Fryke:
ho wdo I run the system update again?

I know I can find a how to for the prebinding part, but not sure how to re-grab the system update.

thanks

Look in the Library>Receipts folder.

Drag the Receipt for the update to the Desktop, then run Software Update again.

bobw said:
Look in the Library>Receipts folder.

Drag the Receipt for the update to the Desktop, then run Software Update again.

that hasn't worked.
I tried logging out and then back in
I tried rebooting
I tried deleting the file completely.
no luck.

still shows as though I'm on 10.3.6, and I can't get it to reupdate in software update...

well i updated 4 of my 5 OS X machines last night. everything went smoothly on all of them. I am still getting problems with safari not loading pages the first time though. it seemed to do it a bit less, but still had a high percentage of pages i had to load twice.

Back