Mac OSX with Parallels

bluecat

Registered
Hi, I'm a new poster and hope someone can help. I'm running OSX 10.5.8 Leopard, and installed Parallels 3.0 to run Vista. Following installation of Parallels and prior to installing Vista I uninstalled Parallels. When I went to install Parallels software again, I do not get the activation boxes for the serial numbers for either Parallels or Vista. I didn't make a copy of Parallels beforehand either. Is there any way around this, or have I really been stupid.
regards Dave

Simply uninstalling Parallels may not actually remove the activation of Parallels from your computer, so Parallels is simply using the old serial number activation that you previously entered.

If the serial number you used previously was legal and valid, can you explain why what you're experiencing is a "problem?" Does Parallels complain that it's not "activated" or registered or something?

Hi, thanks for replying, both the serial numbers are legal and valid, but since unistalling Parallels I also restored the mac to an earlier time. I know this sounds stupid but I did that believing I needed to, before reinstalling Parallels again.
I think I have a problem now, which I don't think I can rectify.

If your Parallels shows as activated/registered (whatever)and properly installed - then what is the problem that you think you have?

Back