Macavenger... your FTP

solrac

Mac Ninja
Thanks so much for your fast efficient FTP connection!!

But hey.. you also have a beta of Office 10b5 on there... it is an .smi file... it doesn't mount! I tried using Disk Copy and Aladdin ShrinkWrap. Neither can mount it. Is it a bad file??

BTW, thanks to your FTP I got 10.1 build 5G64. I don't care if the final GM is 5G68, because I want the official CD from Apple anyway.

Anyone who bitches about paying $20 is a cheap bastard. Apple needs money anyway. So what if they profit 10 bucks off shipping and handling charges? They deserve it. Making money off cheap shit, yet totally worthy shit, is something I respect.

But anyway, thanks for the FTP MacAvenger....
But whatabout your screwed up Office 10b5? Can you fix that? Thanks!!!

But anyway, thanks for the FTP MacAvenger....
But whatabout your screwed up Office 10b5? Can you fix that? Thanks!!!

Let me try compressing it... I think the FTP messes up applications, which a .smi is. Thanks for bring that to my attention.

BTW, does anyone know if there is a newer version of Office than 10b5, and if so where I can get it?

ps The FTP addy is:

Login/pass = Contact me for login info, may be a while due to excessive access.

Macavenger - many thanks for posting the 10.1 update. I have been unable to boot from the Toast 5 Disk image burn I made from the download. It will mount fine as a dmg in OS X. The System folder does not have an OS X icon on it. It shows up in the Start up disk. I wonder what could be causing this. I have tried burning 3 cds of it following your instructions. I did have to copy it to an OS 9 Mac to burn it, but that should not have affected it.

i can get other stuff, from you , but os 10.1 is a no go... im fine now , it was cute ftp that had me crazy, i can burn with nero i hope

Odd. Others have been downloading it fine. Although not, apparently, since I changed the name. Perhaps if I change it back... Try it again, and let me know!

And Macavenger if you've got it can you get it to macosx.com so they can post it?

(or maybe that's occurring as I type)

Hey Admin, what's the status?

What does "Looking Into" mean at this point?

- (curious iMac 333Mhz 10.0.4 user)

The link to my FTP server is:

login/pass = contact me for login info

I would upload the file to the admin, but they want the release version, not 5G64, even if 5G64 is the GM. And considering shipping time to Alaska, it might be a while before I get my hands on the release version...

i just had an idea. after i download this, can i update through that? or do i have to install a fresh new system? cause i mean, you loose a lot of crap/preferences if you have to ditch the old one. and....... is this 10.1 the version that is being shipped? i sure as hell hope so :D ohhhh mannnnnn, its finnaly here!

Originally posted by Abakadoosh
i just had an idea. after i download this, can i update through that? or do i have to install a fresh new system? cause i mean, you loose a lot of crap/preferences if you have to ditch the old one. and....... is this 10.1 the version that is being shipped? i sure as hell hope so :D ohhhh mannnnnn, its finnaly here!

The build on my server is 5G64, but there does not appear to be any clear consensus about whether or not it is the shipping build. and it does install fine over 10.0.4, at least on my machine, keeping the preferences and stuff.

Originally posted by macavenger
it does install fine over 10.0.4, at least on my machine, keeping the preferences and stuff.

saweeeeeet. :) :D im getting about 20-60k/sec via DSL, more towards 30-50 but the others are extreme's

MacAvenger, the burn of the image I downloaded worked first time without a problem. Thanks for the post! I am testing it on my iMac before installing on my G4. Total time to d/l, burn, verify, install and boot was 2:30 I have a DSL line and got a consistent 60k/sec d/l from your FTP server. Time to go play with 10.1

I installed 5G64 over 10.0.4 and I did not lose preferences etc. Even custom stuff was still there and working just fine, though I had to make the root directory not group writable again so that sendmail would work.:D

Back