Macavenger... your FTP

I have the Toast Image (626.6 MB) of OS 10.1 5G64. It is installed and running great. I'll upload it to your FTP site if you tell me how...

Thanks for pitching in jingles. I'm getting 7-10 k bytes a second but I feel like I'm beating up on avengers machine. Once I get a copy I'll set it up to share.

Originally posted by brodie
I have the 5G64 GM beta, and am quite willing to UL to the server if i can find out how. it is the final release, some guy phoned tech support...

Uhhh.... it can't be both, man! :p

I can't get Office 10 to work, I get some error message about not being able to open the shared libraries. It suggests moving it (Word or Excel or whatever) back to the folder where Any thoughts? I haven't done anything other than unpack the .sit file and move that whole folder to my Apps directory.

-Rob

It's going but will take about 7 hours. I'm on a University Ethernet connection but I'm only getting about 20 K/sec to your server...

Ya right now there is like four people logged into me too --- so just leave it on --- hopefully some will get off

Hmm..after installing, httpd doesn't work anymore, neither does ncftp. I had to re-install ncftp..but I am no even touching apache..Maybe I'll have to wait till my cd comes and install over this build...very odd..

Thanks. I don't know how to get detailed information about exactly how many people are currently downloading, as the FTP log only shows when people request files (any know how I can get details/current stats?) but my Hard drive has been running constantly for the last couple days. I was just wondering what would happen first... My hard drive dying, or me getting a call from networking complaining about my bandwidth usage ;) :rolleyes:

Originally posted by acidtuch10
someone post it here so that we don't kill macavenger 's machine :)

besides then there will be a few more option to dl from

ftp://mac:mac@dav.dyndns.org

I wish i could help out my boss here where i work has an ftp site that i usually get 2 to 3 meg downloads but he is a windows fan and wont post anything mac :(

I have decided, due to a variety of reasons, not the least of which are stated in my last post, that I will be changing the login and password on my FTP server come Saturday when the official update CD's are available in stores. If you still want access after that, contact me (PM or e-mail) and I will give out a limited number of accounts as I feel comfortable doing so. I MAY opt to leave it open longer if the admin of this site decide to post the update, thus assuring me of the legality. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Can anyone really really help me out..I will be in debt!! I have downloaded a dmg image, and I seem to be able to get the Mac OS X Install CD to mount on my dekstop. From there, I try and burn a copy of the CD...but I can't make the CD bootable for some reason? What am I doing wrong? I click on the bootable thing in toast..and it says that it doesn't ahve the stuff to be bootable? Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't want to have to do the complicated thing dealing with another hard drive partition..b/c I'm not all that good with the terminal, and...well, I have to study for a test tonight, so I don't have time to do any of that..I just want to burn a darn CD...someone please help me..email me..something..or you can IM me at GetSome681...thank you so much...oh yeah..i'm working in 9.2.1...b/c my scsi card isn't supported under OS X...and I have a scsi burner. Thank you so much.

If you are using Toast, on the "other" tab, click it and choose disk image. Then select the image. Do not mount it first... otherwise it wont be bootable.

Don't mount the image, immediately burn the image using Toast 5. I only got it to work when I did not mount the image.

its a question of semantics free&unmuzzled, 'it is, not 'this is'- the final release. so trivial....
i was offering a DL for anyone that wanted it, give a guy a break.:eek:

Back