Macosx.com Fantasy Football - sign up now!!

I watch PrideFC, WWE, NWA TNA, Japanese, Mexican wrestling, and the old ECW and WCW tapings.

Wrestling is scripted like a soap opera, but lets see any football player do a suicide dive through the ropes, hit on the head by a chair, power bombed through an exploding table, beaten in his stretcher and finish the match with a concussion.
By the way, several wrestlers in the WWE are former football players, such as idiot Goldberg. So I guess there are a few good men. ha!

Look on the bright side, at least it isn't fake like Boxing.

and now there are 8 teams. welcome to The Darkstars!!

it would still be nice to add 2 more teams before we draft next weekend. i'll try and get the time to post a few tips for any beginners during the week. if any other experienced players have any tips they are willing to share, please do so.

:)

btw - i'm also starting a weekly picks for college and nfl games. all are welcome to join. the more the merrier. again, it's free and the only thing you win is bragging rights. this will be people from other forums and maybe even real world friends there. in fact, feel free to invite your friends and family to play along each week as well. this is just a matter of seeing who can pick the most winning teams each week.

here's the link and pass word to join:

You are invited to join my on-line football office pool! To accept this invitation and join the pool, click the link below (or cut and paste the link into your browser's address field). You'll be asked to enter the pool's password before you can join. The pool password is included in this e-mail.

http://edx.football.sportsline.com/e

Our pool password is: winner

and now the fantasy football league has 9 teams!! Welcome to Juxel! i also think i forgot to say welcome to the Bungles awhile back. at least one more team and we'll have a decent league. but there is room for 3 more so hurry and sign up if you're interested.

if by chance we end up with an odd number right before the draft, someone has promised they will even us out if necessary. otherwise they prefer to sit this year out because they are busy.

i guess i should remind everyone that i plan to make us draft ready on sat. aug 30 as long as we are an even number of teams at that point. so be sure you have your draft rankings done by that time or else be stuck with the default. some hints - chad pennington should be on your exclude list as he is injured. you might want to check the injury reports to see who else you don't really want to waste a pick on or at least not draft so high. micheal vick is a risky choice as he will not play for at least 4 weeks.

Yeah, I got Vick in another draft. I did get Priest Holmes, so I'm thinking of seeing if I can get Pennington and every other injured/injury-prone offensive player and give up before the season even starts. :)

LOL

then micheal bennett and james thrash would be good picks for you. might want to get kijana carter for your reserves as well. :D

Any Penn State running back will do. :) I've played in Yahoo leagues the past 3 years and have won 2 leagues and came in dead last in two (I played two last year, splitting them) so it's the outhouse or the Penthouse for the 'Sackers. Nothing else will suffice. :D

all this talk is getting me ready for the regular season, i better go play some madden to hold me over

I really want to play madden 2004 - My friend and I played it yesterday at best buy and its awesome! But I don't think my humble mac could take it. Maybe I should bye a playstation...

i havent heard any reports that madden 04 will be ported to mac, it is really fun on P/S 2 with a few friends doing a league or draft

ok, we really need one more person to join the fantasy league and do so immediately!! please refer to the first post in this thread for instructions on signing up. we have 9 teams. one more will give us 10, a great number for making sure that everyone gets a potentially talented team.

Since you folks seemed desparate I joined in. I hope the league is more active than usual Yahoo Leagues I've been in. The last time I played both my teams made it to the finals and I only touched the teams twice during that season. One of them one the whole thing. I typically play ESPN's FFL. But I'm a bit biased since I use to work for their Fantasy Sports division.

cool deal a2daj!! welcome to Zag Ball!!

we now have 10 teams and i've just gone ahead and closed the league. i'll be making us draft ready either late friday nite or early sat morn. (which means between midnight fri and around 11 am on sat.) it would be nice to hear everybody check in today and let me know they are draft ready (be sure to give your team name as macosx and yahoo id's aren't always the same). if everybody is good to go, i'll get us in line to draft sooner.

as for how active - i can't speak for everybody else, but i play pretty seriously - always managing my team, always looking for up and coming free agents, etc.

i'll have to agree that yahoo is not the best fantasy setup, but they seem to be the only ones left that are free which is obviously what we need.

How much draft preparation should you do? I just picked a few choice players, about fifteen. I'm new to this fantasy football, how much more should I do?

well, keep in mind that we each have 25 roster spots to fill. with 10 teams, the top 30 players will probably be gone in the first 4 rounds assuming that some of us have moved up some other players to replace them. if you are simply trying to jockey a few choice players into better odds of getting them, then chances are stacking your top 15 should do that. if you are trying to be sure you fill your squad out with players you want then moving some people up from lower drafting spots will help. for instance moving some players from out of the 60-150 range into your top 25 picks would probably assure you get them, but the thing is the whole list diminishes in size with each round. it's not exactly a science but it helps. in the end, much of it is a crapshoot anyway.

Back