Mail 2.02

FallOutBoyx530

Registered
Hello, I've recently upgraded to mac os x tiger, but when i tired to set up my mail it partially works. I have two yahoo mail accounts that i want to put into mail, except only one works. Can anybody help me or tell me why? Thanks.

OK, one works and one doesn't, is that correct? If it is, did you make two different accounts in Mail to check the two different accounts?

So... did you enable both accounts for POP3 access (I think Yahoo! only allows POP3 access for pay accounts, but I could be mistaken)? Have you double-checked all settings for those accounts? Have you tried deleting both accounts (back up the e-mail if you want it before doing so) then re-adding them?

You're going to have to be our eyes and ears on this -- simply saying one account doesn't work and the other one does isn't enough information for us to try and troubleshoot the problem. Be as verbose and specific as you can so we can help you. Are you using the exact same SMTP and POP3 servers for both accounts, with the correct login information for each?

ElDiabloConCaca said:
So... did you enable both accounts for POP3 access (I think Yahoo! only allows POP3 access for pay accounts, but I could be mistaken)? Have you double-checked all settings for those accounts? Have you tried deleting both accounts (back up the e-mail if you want it before doing so) then re-adding them?

You're going to have to be our eyes and ears on this -- simply saying one account doesn't work and the other one does isn't enough information for us to try and troubleshoot the problem. Be as verbose and specific as you can so we can help you. Are you using the exact same SMTP and POP3 servers for both accounts, with the correct login information for each?

yes, sorry about that...for both of them i used pop, isnt both "pop" under the selections for mail pop3 isnt it? i will try to back up and delete both accoutn then try again. i will get back to you when i get the chance. Thank you.

The question was whether you have activated POP for the Yahoo account on Yahoo, not in Mail.app. I.e.: Does the account ALLOW you to get it via POP3? Check the account on the yahoo site.

i've checked the yahoo site, it says pop, except they are for free accounts, one of my account is free while the other is paid for.

Back