Mail repetition

baba

Registered
An Apple announcement won't stop coming into my mac Mail account. I erased 485 of them this morning and they keep filing up the mailbox. There must be something to trash that will stop this behavior.

Attachments

• over.jpg
    over.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 6
I have a similar issue: MAIL doesn't stop fetching old mails!
Everytime MAIL logs in I receive a couple of hundred mails I've already received (a couple of dozen of times...)
MAC OSX 10.6.1

Thanks for help!
Zarniwoop

POP3? IMAP? Exchange? MobileMe (eh, IMAP, basically)?

There are several different types of email accounts... with several, different fixes for similar problems. Without knowing exactly what type of account it is, there is no way we can even begin to troubleshoot the problem.

Hi ElDiabloConCaca (What a name!)

It's an ordinary POP3 account!

The OS is 10.6.1

Thanks for your help!

zarniwoop

In the "Advanced" settings for that POP3 account in Mail's Preferences, do you have the option enabled to "leave messages on server after retrieving?"

Try reindexing your email boxes. Follow these steps (found in Mac Mail help menu):

To reindex messages:

1. Quit Mail, if it’s open.

2. In the Mail folder in your home Library folder, rename the Envelope Index file. For example, Backup Envelope Index.

3. Move the folders that begin with “Mac-", “Exchange-", or “IMAP-” to a different location on your computer, such as your desktop.

4. Open Mail.

Mail creates a new Envelope Index file and retrieves the account folders again from the mail servers. This process may take a few minutes, depending on how many messages Mail is reindexing.

5. Delete the renamed Envelope Index file and the account folders you moved to your desktop.

Back