McD to give away 1 billion iTMS songs

I can't stand the carbonation in pop - in the last month I think I cracked open one coke because it's all they had to drink there, and I was really thirsty and couldn't find a glass for tap water. Maybe pepsi starts marketing a bottled water? And my school begins selling it en masse (replacing all the dasani machines...). And mcdonalds is gross too! I wish my eating habits were less healthy.

And, getting back on topic, if this turns out to be true, then I'm sure if there was a health food restaurant capable of moving 1 BILLION songs, I'm sure Apple would have gone there first. As it stands, this will be a great marketing coup if they pull it off, and others will be left to follow suit.

McDonald's isn't denying anything, they just aren't officially soliciting the rumor. My guess is both apple and mcd's will announce this deal together sometime down the road, and not let it get sniffed out by some newspaper. But +990 million points for apple!

Does this mean extra corporeally endowed people will be able to sue Apple for tempting them to eat at Mickey D's and making them get fat???

:D

I hope that even in America that would be impossible, and McD would still be seen as the one selling the food. (I can't see why American law wouldn't see the PERSON EATING THE FOOD responsible...) *sigh*

fryke said:
(I can't see why American law wouldn't see the PERSON EATING THE FOOD responsible...) *sigh*
I think the law (a judge?) in this case dismissed the lawsuit. It made such big news because of how outrageous it was. Right? (I don't really have the facts, just my bad memory)

A woman won a lawsuit because she spilled hot coffee on herself (and it was from mcdonalds...), and now fast food places have to have an explicit warning on all the coffee that "this is a hot beverage"... BS!

That's on the level of "Caution: may contain traces of nuts" on a peanut bag ...

And how does someone sue a restaurant because the coffee they bought and proceeded to spill on themselves was 'too hot!'

Yep, that happened almost 10 years ago, and the lady was very old. Part of the lawsuit was the fact that the McD employee didn't secure the lid all the way on the coffee, either.

Back to the original topic... Take that, Napster! And Walmart! And Buy.com! And...

It is unclear how McDonalds will use the free downloads in a promotional campaign.
In much the same way that they do every promotion, I imagine, peel-off labels.

As for me, I tend to eat at Carls Jr., Jack-in-the-Bejeesus (don't ask ;)), or Taco Bell if I'm in the mood for fast food. I won't touch McDonald's food with a 10-foot french fry. Their McFlurries are good, though.

And it's Vanilla Coke/Pepsi, Cherry Coke/Pepsi, Dr. Pepper or root beer for me, given the choice. So if I win any songs, who wants 'em?

Oh, and Tommy, to answer your question: Because you're a floozy. And a pansy. And a schill. And a shmuck. And...

Oh, sorry, that's Bill Gates. I meant because you have nothing better to do. :rolleyes: ;)

Back