Microsoft tries to steal Macworld thunder

Well, your misinterpretation of how my view of Captitalism worked and how you said it was "F****D UP!" could be misconstrued just the same as well so don't bother.

you are intimidating...

I could go on forever explaining you all of your mistakes, but it would be a waste of time, as you obviously don't want to listen, but show everyone how clever you are.

No, I won't bother.. you don't seem to be worth it :)
I prefer constructive threads.

Originally posted by azosx

Buying one copy of OS X to install on multiple systems is not legal nor supported by Apple. Apple has just choosen not to incorperate any type of safe guard against this with their retail version. Apple does have a feature however that will not allow OS 9 or X install CDs that ships with their Macs to be installed on other Macs. Damn that Apple, they are surely the devil because of this.

Your whole Nazi comparison is rather silly and obviously the ideas of a mind uneducated in world history. I wont refute but I guarantee others would laugh at it.

Ok... Look Azosx and Voice this one is for you ( I didn't post earlier because a lot of things happened this week )...

"mind uneducated in world history"? Look: While US and other countries around the globe during WWII had conflicts with Germans HERE in Greece we were under Nazi's boots for MANY years so back off and quit telling me such crap! We Greeks had and still somehow have a lot of BS coming from REALLY uneducated minds in REAL history about fakced up hi-stories! :mad:
As for others laughing at me: laugh all you want and like but at least do yourselves a favor and go and buy a Mac and let me be a fool while M$ guys are the nicest and smartest people around...

"Apple does have a feature however that will not allow OS 9 or X install CDs that ships with their Macs to be installed on other Macs"? Come again? Then how to the hell I installed 10.1 in my powermac and imac? And then my cousin's 10.1.4 in my powermac and imac?

Anyways, back to M$: what I really wanted to say about the whole M$ Nazi stuff is that 90% of people who buy a Wintel PC they CANNOT make real choices because after all, everywhere around them is Windows this, Office that, Bill who? Gates this and Intel inside (your mind and wallet that is...) BS :mad:

And if one wants to buy a Linux or a Mac he cannot actually do such thing because if he buy a Linux box or a Mac he will NOT have support in any way if and when he will need it... If this is democracy and free will then I am GOD :mad:

M$ and Intel doing the right thing? In what alternate reality? They spread their seeds into people mindset and they now stand back and cut their crops BIG time!

As for buying one thing and using it for many systems is illegal: Illegal my a$$! Can you imagine if somehow what M$ (in software), RIAA (in music) et al (in general) companies, doing right now, used the same method in all their products how the world would be? Can you imagine if you went on and bought a book that you would not be able to give it to other people so that they will read it because if you would do so would be ILLEGAL? Or a t-shirt for that matter (imagine the ad: If you patch the shirt you will need to re-activate the product via the internet!) Oh, here is another one: You buy your new ten of thousands US $$$ car just to find out that in order for you to let your wife drive it you have to buy another license and NOT a driving one but a pass-code actually! Or for listening that David Bowie CD you have to buy it 5 more times because after all you family has 6 cd players (living room, parent's room, 2 kids bedrooms and of course the car). Or you buy Matrix 2 and 3 DVDs 4 times because you have 4 dvd players (iBook, living room, powermac, emac)!

Methinks that smart guy wannabies got the point and if not they are living into M$ world and not in the real one :D

These mafia, Nazistic, companies like M$ can kiss my nice, lovely, hairy... chest because they DO NOT own me no matter what! Illegal copying and using of their products my a$$... If someone is acting illegal it is actually them! Them: the beaches of Babylon! :rolleyes:

Now, that I am thinking of it Star Wars story seems to me more like our lovely M$ et al story: Emperor actually could be Bill Gates and Darth Vader could be Intel!

Oh, and one other thing: If Apple at any future time decide to make their software and/or hardware copy-proof, active-siht, etc. I will quit buying their products just like I've done with M$, intel, et al and spread the word: Computers do SUCK! and then will go on and live as a farmer and fisher :p :D :rolleyes:

Good lord! I could feel you getting breathless just by reading your "political" statement.

Dude, think again and role your tongue twice before your speak up. - Apple would probably act the same way if they were in M$'s position right now. - Then, we would all be supporting Bill Gates and its OS.

One thing you should remember; this is the game and these are its rules. You play smart or you shout loud.

Right now I'm supporting Apple with all my heart and the money when I can because I believe that what they are doing is elegant, smart and amazing. (at the expection of some stupid mistakes).

After all, everyone has the freedom to think different!

Cheers

...Apple was in the same position that M$ is now?

Look Boeing777 you maybe right that if Apple would be in M$ position would do the same but it is NOT! I keep hearing this supposedly argument but to those who know Apple's and M$'s history they know well that from day one M$ tried to OWN the world (one computer at any one desk with windows in it!) while Apple from day one they tried to sell us technology no holds barred!

M$ from day one kept its OS offerings open to ANY kind of copying and later on with Win3.x they actually gave away ALL their software! I remember CLEARLY that MANY companies, offices, etc. around the globe (I know for sure that because I have a LOT of friends, relatives, etc. around the world and to be more specific in US, UK, German, France and Sweden) would not buy their software because they could find it for free and no one would come at their door asking questions!

As for Apple they were always a proprietary company and if you ask me that's why they only managed to get 10%, at the most, of the computing population ;(

Proprietary up until now that is! In the past 4-5 years with Jobs back at the helm they seem to act more openly to other social/political/technological changes and so far they seem NOT to chase their customers because they use a copy of the software that he/she already owns... That's the problem with M$, RIAA and other such companies because they trace their customers for "ILLEGAL" copying of their products and when they found them, they get medieval!

One or two questions for smart M$ guys: Is it coincidence that M$ made -X- products copy-proof in the past 2-3 years? Isn't that when actually the US government started to chase them for monopoly? Also, did you notice that M$ slowed down their Service Releases in the past year? And yes, XP products are FULL of bugs! Or is a coincidence that M$ the most "ethical" company on this world said in the court that if US government would push them, they would pull of the market their windows products? Oh please!

Can you see Boeing777 why I am THAT angry about people saying this and that and the worst of all that if that...then this... could happen? Well, right now, M$ rules in the REAL world, yes sir, even GOVERNMENTS and if this is democratic, ethical, political correct, et al then I really am... GOD :mad:

I used to write and say that get Mac and then you will get a life but after seeing all this negative posting about Apple and its supporters in general (like myself), especially after MacWorld, I now say this:

Get a Mac, support Apple, Omni (one of the most ETHICAL companies around --visit their web page at http://www.omnigroup.com/company/whatisomni/ and see what I am talking about) and in general the Mac platform, and only THEN you will get a life ;)

:confused: You believe otherwise? :confused:

On the other hand they say this about anyone who posts again and again irrelevant things here and there all the time, supporting M$, intel, et al, so don't worry! :D

Okay... everyone take a deeeep breath!

Okay Microsoft sucks Apple is the best... thats all there is to it.. simple. Dont fight over something silly! :)

Much Love,

The Mac Geekette

I thought everyone knew this, but it seems you all must have forgoten, when M$ sees a threat they pounce on it like a starving Great White does to a seal.

That is exactly what Apple is to M$ ( the seal ). Apple will never be able to outwit M$ they dont have the resources, cunning and business reach that M$ does.

M$ helping Apple was mearly a symbol to make M$ look less anti competitive by appearing to support an alternative platform, M$ chose Apple for this role because they knew Apple could never threaten it monopoly in its most important market X86!!

When Apple is no longer usefull to M$ they will destroy thgem like they have done to every other competitor they have seen fit to do it to in the past.

I admire them for there ability to do it, money and knowledge is absolute power in corporate america unfortunately for Apple.

Back