mighty mouse - no right click?

konkretmat

Registered
I use a Mac Book Pro and a wireless Mighty Mouse.

I cannot get the right-click to work.

All other features of the mouse such as the scroll, scroll-button and side-buttons work just fine, but no matter what is set for the right click (secondary button, expose, spotlight whatever) it always acts as a regular click.

Any ideas how to solve this?

As a recent switcher I'd really appreciate the right-click functionality :)

Make sure your mouse is connected and go to "system preferences" by clicking the Apple symbol in the top left corner of your screen and selecting it from the menu.

Then go into Bluetooth and find the configuration options there. Click the dropdown arrow for the right mouse button and select "secondary" key.

Good luck. After about a month you will find difficult to operate a Windows based laptop mousepad. This is a good thing.

Firman: no matter what I choose from the drop down menu as an action for the right-click (secondary button, dashboard or whatever) [in the menu located in apple->system_preferences->keyboard&mouse->mouse] the mouse keeps on acting as I was only left-clicking.

Are you lifting your left finger high enough when pressing with the right? Two finger clicking is seen by the mouse as a left click.

I tried clicking with one finger and the other fingers where nowhere near the mouse so surely thats not the case with my mouse..

for a brief couple of minutes the right-click worked like a wonder [didnt have any issues with differentiating right- and left- clicks] - now it is gone again. i didnt play with the settings or anything in between. now it s obvious that the problem is with the mouse itself.

Back