Multiple Calendar unwanted alerts by email for same event

lemacosx

Registered
When I set an alert sent by email in Calendar I always receive multiple emails for that same event. This has been happening for years on my MacBook Pro. I thought there was something wrong with the computer. It was so annoying, I stopped using Calendar.

I bought a new MacBook Pro 14” and gave Calendar a new try but Calendar continues to send multiple alerts by email for the same event. I use Calendar only on my computer. It doesn’t sync anywhere else.

Does anybody have a solution?

Thanks

You could try adding the event to your Calendar manually. Don't use the shortcut that Mail offers when it detects something in an email that it considers a Calendar item. If you add it manually, perhaps you won't get email notification, only that generated from within Calendar.

? --- How is it possible that you get emails about the event, unless you chose to enter that as part of the notifications that you have set up in the Calendar app?
What is the source for the emails? They are sent from somewhere...
Or, do you mean that you get text messages for alerts (not actually emails)
There's nothing in the Calendar app that will generate emails from Calendar events.

Do the multiple emails all come at one time? or at some predictable time, maybe the event start time (for several days consecutively, same time each day)?

You sure can generate emails from Calendar events:

Alert/ Custom.../ Drop down/ Email

I get separate emails at random times during the day

It seems like alert by email is not well known or used. It looks like this issue is a bug in Calendar. Could someone who uses it confirm that she/he doesn't receive multiple emails per single event?

If I think about it if you use iCould back of Calendars your first getting locally and then the second come from the iCloud backup of the Calendars!

I got 45 reminders EST was starting. 52 when DST ended. I have never figured out how to remove birthday notices of people that often I don't even know. They come from places like our neighborhood listserv, or there are someone's friend from Facebook. No matter what I do, all I can do is hide the calendar.

I solved this problem by giving up. :) Let us know if anything actually works. Amount of time spent inversely proportional to desired outcome. Is it worth it? :)

Back