My current desktop

"Steel" 'IronMan and "TinMan"
That's funny:)

He he. Originally, When my hard drive was named Iron Man, I'd named my external drive "Titanium Man", which had the unfortunate abbreviation: "Tit. Man". That's one reason I changed it to "Tin Man" (I was TRYING to stick to superhero names, which is why I named my current drive "Steel"). I was briefly employed as a graphic designer at an adult video studio, and there I named my computer "Flaccid Drive". That got a laugh from the Art Director when he saw it.

Last edited:
Looking at the original picture, I kinda realize how much I do like the look of Tiger. Been running Leopard for some time now, but I have my moments where I do miss Tiger for some of it's UI simplicity. I say some because I don't miss the brushed metal but I do like the look of the Dock compared to the "platform" that is the current Dock in Leopard/SL. I know there are hacks to make it so that the bottom-facing Dock is flat like when it's on the sides, but I try not to hack my Finder too much (guess it's the purist in me :p).

Looking at the original picture, I kinda realize how much I do like the look of Tiger. Been running Leopard for some time now, but I have my moments where I do miss Tiger for some of it's UI simplicity. I say some because I don't miss the brushed metal but I do like the look of the Dock compared to the "platform" that is the current Dock in Leopard/SL. I know there are hacks to make it so that the bottom-facing Dock is flat like when it's on the sides, but I try not to hack my Finder too much (guess it's the purist in me :p).
Some of the enhancements in Leopard/SL look like eye candy to me. They're OK, but I hope Apple doesn't get too carried away with it.

my current desktop on a ibook g4 still running panther. verry simple and clutter free.

Attachments

• Picture 2.pdf
    833.8 KB · Views: 28
My current setup

2010 Mac Pro
2.93GHz 12-Core
1GB ATi 5870
2TB of HD
6GB of Ram
Two SuperDrives
27" LED Cinema Display
Logitech Z-5500
Logitech Performance Mouse MX
Epson Printer

Attachments

• IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen shot 2010-10-09 at 8.34.58 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-10-09 at 8.34.58 PM.png
    710.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I changed mine from the Tatto theme to this more than a year ago. I created the image using photos of various objects, as well as creating a few original parts in Illustrator, than compiled it in Photoshop with an original texture I created. This has probably been on my desktop the longest of any I created.

Attachments

• desktopbgbronzebot.png
    desktopbgbronzebot.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
My current setup

2010 Mac Pro
2.93GHz 12-Core
1GB ATi 5870
2TB of HD
6GB of Ram
Two SuperDrives
27" LED Cinema Display
Logitech Z-5500
Logitech Performance Mouse MX
Epson Printer
I realize this reply is 10 years late in coming, but:

Your set-up (at the time) was SWEET!!! (and still looks contemporary, btw). And your desktop bg/wallpaper is GRAND!!

Ah, interesting thought: does everyone here only use a single Space (virtual desktop)? I use roughly 10 Spaces, all with different Desktop pictures to help remind me where I am. :p

Hahaha, afraid so! I've learned to multitask better over the years. Or perhaps I'm not multitasking well at all, I'm simply trying to do more at the same time while actually getting nothing done... :D

Windows doesn't handle multiple resolutions (4K left, 1440P right) as cleanly as OS X when screen cap'n...go figure.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.21.25 PM.png

Desktop-W10P.jpg

Back