My Month With XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by hulkaros

-His apps/games installations procedures are pointless and take too much of our free but expensive time
Hey exactly, me and my friend were going to play Diablo 2 LOD. We both had to reinstall. So I finished my installation, talk to my friend.... Hes at 50% and stuck.
A few hours later? Machine crash. Start over.

It took him almost a week to get diablo 2 installed... no multiplayer.

Finally, after almost 2 weeks he got it all fixed.

hard drive crash

also
I meant things like Kazaa, Morpheus, AudioGalaxy, LimeWire, Napster. They come out on PC first and many of them never make it to the Mac.
Hmmmm.m.... If I remember correctly, hotline was originially developed for mac. At least the technology behind it was. Not to mention both Carracho and Pitbull Pro, a hotline client with more features, are availible only for mac.

Originally posted by azosx
Congrats hulkaros. You are the first person to totally flame-out on this thread. Your little rant deserves no further discussion because narrow minded people such as yourself are unable to hold intelligent debates. You are nothing more than an embarrasment to the Mac community and make PC users such as myself shake their head and wonder why.

You and your dumb-a$$ PC lusers (aka losers) can wonder all you like this:
Where is your intelligent debate? Is this one:
Your little rant...

Or is this one:
...narrow minded...

Oh, I get it, this is the one:
unable to hold intelligent debates

Naaahhh, must be this:
You are nothing more than an embarrasment to the Mac community...

Yep, I can see now that PC lusers are able to hold intelligent debates...

Get a Mac and then you will get a life *********!

Originally posted by hulkaros

You and your dumb-a$$ PC lusers (aka losers) can wonder all you like this:
Where is your intelligent debate? Is this one:
Your little rant...

Or is this one:
...narrow minded...

Oh, I get it, this is the one:
unable to hold intelligent debates

Naaahhh, must be this:
You are nothing more than an embarrasment to the Mac community...

Yep, I can see now that PC lusers are able to hold intelligent debates...

Get a Mac and then you will get a life *******!

Dude, Jus Shuddup will ya? God, you Just come out with this crap, but where's your reasoning?! Neither X. nor XP are BAD OS's and Hold their own in different ways, and both Feature Little things which Both User groups Desire in the OS they use. X is not the perfect OS, neither is XP, but a little diplomacy kinda helps rather than amount of crap you waste your time Coming out with.

NeYo

I second what Neyo said, and I'm a "diehard mac user". So I would never use Windows exclusively, but it is better for some things, and what you (hulkaros) are doing is pointless and makes you sound stupid and immature.

Originally posted by Annihilatus

I use a PC and I guarantee you that my SoundBlaster Live sounds better than your internal 10$ sound system, I guarantee you that my Microsoft Natural Keyboard is more functional and sturdy than your Mac Keyboard and I guarantee you that the refresh rate, max resolution and quality of my 21 inch monitor is better than what your Mac has. Why do I have all of these quality pieces? Because I had money left from buying my PC that would have gone into buying a less-impressive Mac, and because I chose my pieces rather than entertaining whatever some company threw at me. Hence I have the computer you wish you had.

Frankly, XP doesn't crash on me. Stop making generalizations.

I dunno but there isn't just AGSatellite on the PC, you can choose from a number of decent music search engines. Again, stop focusing on one aspect and generalizing. Besides, IE kicks the ass of Chimera and OmniWeb for the simple reason that most of the web pages on the Internet are designed explicitly for IE. You can't beat that.

Wow this is really a factor considering an installation happens just once and in most cases, the PC users themselves never experienced it.

What the hell does this even mean?

My PC cost me around 3000$ canadian with a graphics tablet, 21 inch monitor, laser printer, CD-Writer, DVD-ROM and quality parts that are upgradeable. I'd need another 2000$ to get the same out of a G4.

What if you're using BeOS or Linux?

This is too easy. Create all the Macs you want, the power of our PC's will obliterate them.

Look at it this way. PC users have the decency to look at the other platform and appreciate it for its strengths and likes to discuss that and its weaknesses while bringing up valid points. Mac users tend to flame at the first opportunity they get.

I do realize that I'm generalizing here, but your entire message was a generalization so I figured I'd enter your playing field.

Once again, I love Macs, but there are issues with it just as there are with the PC. Simply put, the issues are different.

Andre

1. Nope, while I have easily the money to buy double the piece of crap hardware you mentioned above I chose to go with something more advanced: Somehow, I think that your 21" can't beat my 22" Apple Flat technology... Also, I can't see how your SB Live-less can beat my PowerMac G4/867 comboed with a Sony Dolby Prologic system and 5.1 Sony speakers of mine... While I am at it I could easily beat the M$ crap of input devices you got by buying those sweet logitech stuff, but you see I like using my Apple input devices ;) Also, how many Firewire and USB ports does your PCrap has? Did I mention that mine has 2 Firewire and 6 USB ports? 4, 64 bit PCI slots? 1.5 GB of RAM? Giga-Ethernet? Now, I can here you saying: Hey this costs lots of money! Yes, it does but at least I can have my box running/sleeping/burning DVDs and do circles around your PCrap with ONLY 2 crashes in almost 6 months... Now, can you do that on your Xtra Pain PCrap you have? Regardless what your answer might be I know the truth better than you: I am a PCrap technician (and Mac too) and I fix at least a dozen PCrap boxes per day from hardware failures, software crushing & uninstalling itself and many other mind twisting problems :( And yes I earn 90% of my money from repairing M$ PCrap boxes... Oops, I blew it: I uncovered the unofficial M$ earnings technic: Sell OSes and Apps that will mesh with Creative, Intel, Nvidia, hardware and drivers and make people upgrade at least every year or so, just because they are so stupid to find the truth. Or even force your dealers with gorilla tactics to sell upgrades of your new OSes because if they do not do so, next time that they will try order that old version of Windows 2000 Pro they will pay more than ordering the new ADVANCED (my a$$) Xtra Pain Pro...

2. Xtra Pain doesn't crash for you but it crashes on MANY people out there and also it cannot beat the stability of my old Windows 2000 server PCrap box that I could not sell because you see, after 8-9 months of buying that AMD ThunderBird 1200 MHz somehow people do not care for it anymore... And here I crush your useless point of Xtra Pain's stability: Even M$ knows that it doesn't compare well at stability areas next to Windows 2000 that's why they still don't have a Server version of Xtra Pain out there (anyone who knows about OSs knows that a SOLID OS has a Server version of it's plain version out there: Windows 2000 Server, Linux, Mac OS X, et al ;)

3. Well, you think that you have a lot of hardware huh? All the PC lusers (aka losers but never users) think the same think ;) However I don't see you having a DVD-R in your PCrap box, huh? Did I mention that I have one in my G4?

4. As for the money/cost area: Well any new Ferrari costs more than a Honda S200 but if you have the cash and the right taste then you buy a Ferrari: That's what ANY Mac is next to ANY PCrap box! ;)

5. As for BeOS, isn't it somewhat dead? Linux: Power to the people! But somehow it's apps stink, don't you think? Oh, and if you insist, yes, you can run Linux on Mac ;) Somehow, you forgot to mention OS/2 Warp, Solaris and other nice OSes, but next to Mac OS X, hmmm...

6. Generalization department: As I previously wrote (you can read, can't you?), ALL of Mac OS X, Mac X apps and Mac hardware for X have half of the problems that M$ describes ONLY for its Windows Xtra Pain at their Website... If this isn't say anything to you or anyone else for that matter then you are a M$ addict and you are falling into the same category that you are trying to put me in: Mac/PC users tend to flame at the first opportunity they get and they do that by using generalizations and other tricks: Using politicians and lawyers writing technics like this kind of stuff: "Once again, I love Macs, but there are issues with it just as there are with the PC. Simply put, the issues are different."

7. Yes, sir you are correct: Simply put Mac is different, in fact so different that you are jealous of its users, its technology, its message to its people: Think different!

8. And yes, get a Mac so that you could get a life ;)

9. Did I mention that I fix M$ PCrap boxes for a leaving? Now that I am thinking of this: I must be in love with M$ because of them I can buy all of this awesome Mac stuff! Well, at least I sould be, huh? heh-heh-heh? Bwaa-hah-hah ;)

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~

Dude, Jus Shuddup will ya? God, you Just come out with this crap, but where's your reasoning?! Neither X. nor XP are BAD OS's and Hold their own in different ways, and both Feature Little things which Both User groups Desire in the OS they use. X is not the perfect OS, neither is XP, but a little diplomacy kinda helps rather than amount of crap you waste your time Coming out with.

NeYo

Diplomacy my behind: Anyways, I don't like people saying all these lies about Xtra Pain: It is NOT even on par with Mac OS X and next to Windows 2000 Pro or even better next to Win2k Server is TOTAL crap... At least if you like using PCrap use its better alternatives like the Windows versions I mentioned above... Even M$ knows that Xtra Pain is not up to par with Windows 2000 Server and Pro, especially the Server version and that's why so far they avoid to release a Servers version of Xtra Pain. Or could it be that they cannot make a Server version out of Xtra Pain's technology?

Nope Mac OS X is not perfect but at least runs circles around Xtra Pain ;)

But really why Xtra Pain is so hot? Does it have more device drivers, apps, legacy support than the previous Windows versions? Nope! Is it faster? Nope! Is it really easier to use? Nope! Is it prettier? Well, if you take out the skins, nope! What about the activation procedure? If people who have more than 2 PCrap boxes (and we all know that most of computer savvy people have more than 2) can they install it on their 3rd computer while not breaking M$ law? Nope! Can you use that old DOS app thay you MUST use for your company? Nope! Can you run that year-old Windows 9x game/app/device? Nope! Then why the hell people say that it is better than the previous Windows versions? Let me say why: Because they cannot admit that they made a bad buying decision or even worst that they didn't decide at all which is what happens for the majority of the PCrap world customers: They walk in a shop and the shop shoves them the Xtra Pain on the brand new PCrap they buy whither they like it or not...

Get a Mac and get a life!

Originally posted by xaqintosh
I second what Neyo said, and I'm a "diehard mac user". So I would never use Windows exclusively, but it is better for some things, and what you (hulkaros) are doing is pointless and makes you sound stupid and immature.

Maybe it is pointless... Maybe it immature... Maybe it is stupid... Maybe it is that I am a nut Macase... But when a PCrap luser (aka loser but never user) likes to say that decided to enjoy the dark side which is that M$ Xtra Pain, it feels to me that I must answer what I feel about it! After all we live in a democratic world where anyone can say/write/ his opinion, isn't it? And you know what? Even criminals in this world think that they are correct and they enjoy what they do: Take that Osama guy for example: He thinks that he is right and he is expressing his beliefes with violence... Do I have to put with such people? Nope! I have to tell them that they are wrong! To put it in a better way:
Do you like Windows? Use the best version of it which is Windows 2000 Pro and/or Windows 2000 Server and I will reply this: Power to you! But NEVER you will here me say that Xtra Pain is the best Windows version out there (hell, even M$ do not make a Server version of it because they know that it is NOT their best OS)... Or you will never make me say that Mac OS X is worst than Xtra Pain or even that they are close in technology levels... Hell, after all said and done this is the truth: I work everyday with ALL of the Windows versions and ALL of the new stuff of PCrap side and you know what? 6 months ago I bought a PowerMac G4 and I regret everyday why I didn't see the truth before: M$-based computers make you work they way the like and NOT the other way around ;( And if that is not enough you pay them to do so! If this in not S&M situation then what is?

Get a Mac and get a life!

I'm fairly sure the only people who would use a $ for the letter s and change acronyms like XP into words like "Xtra Pain" are children. It's pointless to feed into such a person's insecurities about their hardware and software, let alone themselves. To think and behave with the mentality of a 12 year old is no way to get your point across.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there's no reason they shouldn't beable to express themselves without being rude and obnoxious.

I have 2 PCs, 2 Macs, a Sun SPARC, a NeXT Cube and a Tadpole. If I had to pick just one to use for the rest of my life, I'd rather not have a computer. Anyone naive enough to believe one platform is better geared than any other at everything is an idiot.

*Bubbajim turns gas stove in back corner on... leaking gas everywhere*

Just wanted to help in cleaning out this thread. Mac users please step to the right wall and pc users step to the left wall. We'll sort this all out.

Now we want a clean fight here. Only debate if you know how. Give good clean consice information about what you know. Do not flame. If I didn't mentioned clearly... do not flame. If you flame you will ignite the gas billowing in the background and will cause quite a mess in here and I don't plan to scrape your body parts of the floor and walls.

Ok.. now shake hands and come out fighting fair.

NOW.. back to our regularly scheduled show....

To throw my 2cents into the pot, I would have to say that every single Operating System has it's problems. No one should be proud. To the users that have constant problems with their machines, my condolences.To the users that have no problems and all, you should be more supportive of the latter half and not just poke and prod them because they have these problems and it must be because of the sucky system they are running.

I could spend a month debating this, but I only have to spend a day on each OS to tell everyone that each system needs a lot of work and that there is much to do before everything is stable.

Peace... and please, can't we all just get along?:D

Thanks Bubba!!

I was about to come in here and say something official sounding but you already said it so well.:D

Originally posted by bubbajim
To throw my 2cents into the pot, I would have to say that every single Operating System has it's problems. No one should be proud. To the users that have constant problems with their machines, my condolences.To the users that have no problems and all, you should be more supportive of the latter half and not just poke and prod them because they have these problems and it must be because of the sucky system they are running.

Well said, I just decided that I'd rather stay out of the conversation altogether. Too many fanatics on the Mac platform. It's hard to fight a 'war' (even though I never declared war nor intended this to be a debate), when you have a few hundred Mac users for every PC user on this board. It's pointless.

Andre

I'm fairly sure the only people who would use a $ for the letter s and change acronyms like XP into words like "Xtra Pain" are children. It's pointless to feed into such a person's insecurities about their hardware and software, let alone themselves. To think and behave with the mentality of a 12 year old is no way to get your point across.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there's no reason they shouldn't beable to express themselves without being rude and obnoxious.

I have 2 PCs, 2 Macs, a Sun SPARC, a NeXT Cube and a Tadpole. If I had to pick just one to use for the rest of my life, I'd rather not have a computer. Anyone naive enough to believe one platform is better geared than any other at everything is an idiot.

Yes, sir! I am a children and that's why I NEVER told anyone that he is an idiot EVEN when someone was, like you labeled me...

You see, children do not use bad words because mammy tells them so... Don't you have a mammy or she never cared for your behavior? Regardless your answer I have 3 PCs, 1 Mac, 1 Amiga and MANY other machines that I was lucky to get rid of them unlike you! As for sticking with one platform only that's an easy one: Get a Mac and then YOU will get a life... Because only a Mac is enough even for Musicians, Programmers, Internet users, Movie makers, etc-etc, but hey: What do they know, huh? You know better than they do, don't you? ;)

Finally, I bet that most PC users tend to use other machines too: Amd boxes, Intel boxes, VIA boxes, etc. but when it comes to even talk for a Mac or a Sun or anything non-Intel/Amd inside, they stand tall and mighty about their boxes as the Anihil-something guy and reject the Mac at once... So don't talk about being able to express "themselves without being rude and obnoxious" to me, right? :)

Originally posted by Annihilatus

Well said, I just decided that I'd rather stay out of the conversation altogether. Too many fanatics on the Mac platform. It's hard to fight a 'war' (even though I never declared war nor intended this to be a debate), when you have a few hundred Mac users for every PC user on this board. It's pointless.

Andre

There are no fanatics here mate, only people who saw the light and chose to jump to the bright side of the Force... ;)

From the beginning you were wrong: You chose to pick a flame war in a Mac-related Forum and if this was not enough you started it on the wrong location: This is a "Mac News & Rumors Discussion" and NOT My Xtra Pain is better than your Mac OS X discussion groups...

Thank God that you are out of this war because now it will end!

And you know what? Is not over because that here are TOO many Mac users but because lusers (aka losers but never users) like yourself you don't have enough positive feelings about your box... Whereas we the Mac Addicts for every argument that you may have about your box, we can EASILY find 2 wrongs for it: That's why we had a Mac in the first place! ;)

hulkaros, what exactly is it you do with you Mac, other than to use it to flame in Mac forums?

I use it to burn CDs...
Burn DVDs...
Burn Pentium IVs...
And last but not least: Burn trolls who pick a flame war in all but the wrong places: Look at the title of this Forum: Does it say anywhere "Mine is better than yours" thing? Nope! It says Mac News & Rumors Discussion ;)

And last but not least: Burn trolls who pick a flame war in all but the wrong places: Look at the title of this Forum: Does it say anywhere "Mine is better than yours" thing? Nope! It says Mac News & Rumors Discussion

No, you're right, it doesn't. So explain to me why you turned this tread into a "Mine is better than yours" flame war to begin with? Wait, no, nevermind. I'm sure it would be longwinded and ridiculous like the rest of your posts. It would seem though as if you are contradicting yourself. Be careful. I'd hate to see you discredit yourself as the difinitive Mac authority. ;)

So you burn CDs and DVDs? :eek: Wow, that's extensive. If that's all you do with your machine then I whole heartedly agree that you are deserving of the simple, sheltered life of a Mac user you've potrayed and the narrow minded views you hold as a result.

to me, there is only one reason: I can include unistd.h and use fork(2), and at the same time use MS-Office to access and update the official documentation.

First part is needed for our software, second for our clients :)

No, you're right, it doesn't. So explain to me why you turned this tread into a "Mine is better than yours" flame war to begin with? Wait, no, nevermind. I'm sure it would be longwinded and ridiculous like the rest of your posts. It would seem though as if you are contradicting yourself. Be careful. I'd hate to see you discredit yourself as the difinitive Mac authority. ;)

So you burn CDs and DVDs? :eek: Wow, that's extensive. If that's all you do with your machine then I whole heartedly agree that you are deserving of the simple, sheltered life of a Mac user you've potrayed and the narrow minded views you hold as a result.

...Fun with the trolls that lurk in here as well as with people who accept them like yourself...

As for what I do with my Mac, if you really read what I wrote it was simply a funny reply but then again you may NOT have humor in the country you live, huh?

Narrow minded views that I have: Yep, that's the fun part of having a Mac, isn't it? After all, people who feel closer to M$ have wide views, huh? Keep dreaming humorless Mac fella... or should I say PC fella ;)

Hulk: There are other forums to have fun in. If you think people are taking your views too seriously, try to say it a different way. You mention you are having fun with Trolls, but if you are reading this thread correctly, I think you will notice that the Troll finger is pointing in your direction. I don't think your a Troll, but right now majority rules and if you would be kind enough to accept some advise and not take it personally, I would recommend that you venture to another forum on this site: Herve's Bar & Grill. That is the place to have fun and play around.

If you feel compelled to bash people in this thread or any other, it just makes YOU look bad, no one else. If you just have nothing to do and just want to flame, that is ok too, just let everyone know you have nothing meaningful to say and only want to say things to hurt or aggrevate others and at least we will know that there is no point in expressing our opinions in this thread.

Again for the people that don't understand what opinions are:

Opinions are an expressed view on any particular subject.

So here is my opinion: Microsoft XP sucks.

I expressed that a product I am using it now and I feel it's unacceptable to my taste. You may disagree with me so you might come back with, "I like Microsoft XP because....". This is how you express different views among other people.

Once you point an opinion to a user, your view is no longer seen as an opinion, but now as a direct attack on that user. Calling people lusers and other insults does not help your credibility. This is how people get labeled as Trolls and Flamers, which I hope you decide not to be (There are too many of these out there as is.)

Hopefully you will read this carefully and accept this advise and that I have no enjoyment of seeing yet another user go off the deep end like MANIC. Just play nice and be kind to others... life is too short, especially for Trolls and Flamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back