My problem with iTunes

Trip

Registered
My ONLY problem with the iTunes music store is the fact it doesn't have anything from Dave Matthews Band. And I mean anything.

Guess they just want me to pirate it, eh? ;)

Maybe he just sucks so bad he didnt hop on the iTunes bandwagon :p

(lol just kidding, thatd be really rude of me to insult your taste in music)

Personally I enjoy shopping at the iTMS just because it doesn't have any Dave Matthews. Check buy.com. ;)

I would like to see the artists get over themselves and accept the coming of the digital age. Bands like Dave Matthews, etc, should be very happy that there is another medium to distribute their music. I understand the whining of 'Oh, well all the songs on a CD work together in a musical mumbojumbo type of way, so I don't feel like selling each song seperately'. My response. Get over it. They don't ever play the songs in order at a concert like they do on a CD. At least none of the artists I have seen. So what's the point. Sell as much as you can. Enjoy the fact that your fans have access to your songs via another method.
Go on tour, make some money on the live performances.

My problem with the iTombs Music Store is that I no longer have any reason to go there. NOW THAT ITOMBS 4.2 HAS TURNED MY CD BURNER INTO A WORTHLESS PILE OF CRAP!!!!!!

Does anyone know the procedure for dumping iTunes 4.2 in favor of version 3.x?

Its because of DMB, not itunes. Dave Matthews has said repeatedly that he doesnt want his songs sold track by track, that its the full album experience that he wants fans to appreciate. Do i think its a flawed argument? Yes, but thats what he said.

KKBFiredancer said:
Its because of DMB, not itunes. Dave Matthews has said repeatedly that he doesnt want his songs sold track by track, that its the full album experience that he wants fans to appreciate. Do i think its a flawed argument? Yes, but thats what he said.

can you quote that for me somewhere? i'm thinking the best way to tackle this is to let them (DMB) know how we feel. i'll be sending them my opinion on the matter and hopefully others will follow.

Then perhaps DMB should no longer allow any of their singles to be played on the radio unless they play the whole album. What an idiotic argument and completely naive. He can get away with saying such junk because he's already successful. Anyone with a brain can see that digital downloads are the future. Either get on board or get the F out of my way. Plus, did anyone tell this genius that half the downloads are full albums?

Hi, my name is Dave Mathews and I do not have a clue.

mindbend said:
Then perhaps DMB should no longer allow any of their singles to be played on the radio unless they play the whole album. What an idiotic argument and completely naive. He can get away with saying such junk because he's already successful. Anyone with a brain can see that digital downloads are the future. Either get on board or get the F out of my way. Plus, did anyone tell this genius that half the downloads are full albums?

Hi, my name is Dave Mathews and I do not have a clue.

settle down. breathe. there you go.

[everyone]Hi, Dave Matthews![/everyone]

I personally don't download from the iTMS for various reasons. But I'm glad that others enjoy the experience, even if the iTMS is missing some of your favorite music.

KKBFiredancer said:

...But the artists can select to have their albums sold by entire album only...? That's not a good argument...!

Buying an album from iTMS is not quite the same experience as buying an album in a store. And I guess _that's_ what Dave Matthews meant.

Btw.: I want my iTMS in Switzerland!

Psh. he knows that his music, in general, is mundane, so he has to make us buy the whole album just for that one song that's decent. :p

There is no 'experience' in buying music at the store because there are much better alternatives on the internet. If I have to drive across town to Tower Records, SecondSpin.com, Cheapo Disc, Media Play, Best Buy, Target or dread the thought Walmart just to find a cd than I have wasted about 3 hours of my time instead of listening to the songs i want in iTunes. I buy Radiohead from the store because I have no choice other than stealing, which i think is wrong. The artwork that accompanies the music on O.K. Computer was enough appeal for me to purchase the album. Bands that delay selling their music online are only hurting their own sales by fans who would like a convenient way of shopping for their music.

Back