My TimeMachine external backup disk stop work.

Then unless you really need that backup then reformat and start Time Machine over and start a new backup. I know that sounds harsh but unless you can find the fault that is in the backup I can see no other way, sorry.

I have already reformatted the TM disk and it works fine. I copied the files to a older disk as it's still readable and can be used. So no disaster, just a lot of time spent on this problem.

Thanks for the help guys!

I have already reformatted the TM disk and it works fine. I copied the files to a older disk as it's still readable and can be used. So no disaster, just a lot of time spent on this problem.

Thanks for the help guys!
Could have saved yourself the wasted time if you'd taken my suggestion back in post #2, which is exactly what you've just done, only 5 days later.

That was very helpful of you. Sounds like Windows supports standard solution. "Reformat" :) I prefer to try to solve the problem with a minimal damage first. Thats just how I am. ;)

... Sounds like Windows supports standard solution. "Reformat" :) I prefer to try to solve the problem with a minimal damage first. Thats just how I am. ;)

Although similar to that "solve a problem by reformatting" as a rumored Windows tech first-response myth - you did discover that the fix, in your case, was the same answer your own Mac suggested - first...
And, not really at the same level as a "nuke n pave" that you might want to do with Windows.

Back