Need help with import...

illi

Registered
Hello all,
I have just finished installing server os x v10.5 on my server now i have a task to import users ans passwords from windows active directory to users can use the same credentials of the our domain, is this possible. or is there a way that users can use the same IDs and passwords and authenticate with the AD automatically, so once a user logs on his credentials are authenticated with the domain server (AD) please help, thanks!

Wow thanks! that helped, now i got my server talking to the domain! wicked
now i need more help, on my mac client i want to create a netboot image using the client as the image (exact image) and i want to store it on the mac server so when users log on the client machine the image is loaded off the server! thanks !

Apple's knowledge base has information on how to create a NetBoot image from an existing install:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA21133?viewlocale=en_US

The image will be used to boot the client machines (and the client machines must support NetBoot -- leaving out some early G4 machines and other, older machines), so the NetBoot image will be used when the client machines are powered on -- not when a user logs on.

Back