new iPod, new iMac, PhotBooth

"Ok, so we’re still having issues, but here’s what we’ve got so far. Apparently there’s a Salling Clicker replacement for the Mac—a Mac remote, as it were. It’s called FrontRow.
We also have word of a new, flatter iMac with built-in iSight. This guy will have a larger drive, FrontRow, and will cost the same as the current 17-inch model—ships today.
The new iMac lineup prices are as follows: $1299 US for the 1.5GHz 17-incher, $1799 US for the 2.1GHz 20-incher.
New iPod announced! The new iPod, as speculated, features video capabilities and the wider display, but it’s still a music-first device.
The device will feature a 2.5-inch display, QVGA resolution (320 x 240), and will MPEG-4 h.264 (natch), and presumably Quicktime.
The new iPod will be 30% thinner than the current 20GB iPod (making it 0.44-inches thick—say wha?), and will feature a 60GB version (which should be thinner than the current 0.63-inch thick 20GB iPod), and editions of both in black.
The 20GB should go for $299, and the 60GB for $399. They’ll be shipping next week.
What’s the device named, you ask? The iPod. That’s it, just The iPod. Well spare you the Prince jokes. The iPod will have TV out.
Stevie has iTunes 6.0 up there—only about a month after introducing iTunes 5.0.
iTunes 6.0 will also feature video and the iTunes Music Store will feature video downloads (big surprise, right?)—at launch over 2,000 music videos will be made available at a cost of $1.99 apiece.
More details to come…"

the new ipods can play the videos themselves as well as on the tv... but surely the new remote should control the ipod too?... i love the new announcements but everything could have been tied together so perfectly...

I just got my new ipod 2 months ago. ::whine:: i want video too! ::pout::

waiting for the apple site to update with photos of the new toys. seems like any site with news is swamped right now!

"Desperate Housewives, Lost and more shows from ABC and Disney. Five shows will be available to watch on iPod or computer: Lost, Desperate Housewives, Nightstalker, The Suite Life and some other Disney thang. $1.99 an episode."

http://www.stuffmag.co.uk/hotstuffarticle.asp?de_id=594

I wonder if they'll sell the whole season for cheaper, because say for the whole 1st season of Lost, which is 25 episodes. That'd cost $50 USD + any taxes they may charge. That's pretty steep I think, especially when you can buy the DVD for $38.99 USD at Amazon.

Well I have the new itunes but can't watch anything because it requires the mew Quicktime that doesn't appear to be available yet :(

New iMac:
  • 17" has ATI Radeon X600 Pro with 128MB DDR SDRAM (PCI-Express)
  • 20" has ATI Radeon X600 XT with 128MB DDR SDRAM (PCI-Express)
  • Both models using DDR2 memory

just been watching the 'front row' demo and as a first iteration it looks OK.

it should be made available for all macs though.

it looks pretty un-apple-like... though i'm sure it can only get better...

"Even when it’s sleeping, iMac thinks about what’s best for you. In low-light environments, a sensor detects the room’s ambient light and adjusts the sleep light to match — so you and your iMac G5 can both catch some Zs."

Some things I've noticed:

• The Universal Dock supports the new Apple Remote, so you can plug iPod into the Dock, connect to a TV or stereo and control everything from afar.
  • iPod doesn't support FireWire anymore (requires USB).
  • New voice recording settings:
    Low (22.05 KHz, mono)
    High (44.1 KHz, stereo)
  • iMac's GPU is PCI-Express. First Mac to have PCI-Express or am I confused?

Back