New mouse

i had this idea AGES ago! i have the design plans somehere! the whole touch sensitive pad on top, except mine incorporated stroking to scroll as well.....

does look nice though....

Hm. On PowerBooks, trackballs vanished once TrackPads became available (PowerBook 500 series, very long time ago). On the iPod, the physical wheel was replaced by a TrackPad-technology virtual wheel. On the Mighty Mouse: Will the small trackball be replaced by a little TrackPad?

That would be weird. I like it how it is, the scroll ball is very nice.

Only thing I don't like is the cord length. It's crazy how short it is.

Thank GOD is all I can say. Hats off to Apple for finally getting off their asses and throwing a right click and scroll ball mouse out there.

I'm still a bit iffy about the whole thing though. I hate the shape, it's too flat. My MS mouse is a nice chunky mouse that fits perfectly into the palm of my hand. I pulled out my Pro mouse for the first time in 3 years before and it feels like crap and very cheap. I also rest my fingers on the mouse, and if I have to lift my fingers off to right click this MS mouse isn't going anywhere as it is by far is the best mouse I've used.

Had the chance to play with one at the Apple store at Woodfield Mall outside Chicago today.

Impressions:

you only have to lift off the index finger to right click if you are a righty. I really liked it. So much that I will likely order one for my PC desktop/Mac laptop. Although I may need one for my desktop at work. The coolest part was the scrolling...awesome. Goofiest feature...the 'squeez'. It didn't seem to work very well. Maybe its because I wasn't familiar with it.

joneSi

Back