New PowerBook and Flatscreen November 5th

iMan

?¿?
Just read on www.macrumors.com that November 5th will be the release date for a new powerbook and a 19" LCD screen. The LCD makes much sence since there's a big gap between 17" and the 22" LCD.. Hope they will lower the prices on the LCDs now when thw 15" is gone.. Wouldn't mind a 19" my self :)

Viktor

Every Thuesday people say the same thing...next tuesda....wow we got a news we re skipping the 29th.....wow COOL so not next but the second next???
lol

it has been a month of...next tuesday.....

Not shipping till december? Why release a product if you're not going to sell it? I don't believe there's going to be some large expo that they're anounced at.

Apple very rarely announces something as 'available from today', so December sounds like okay if they announce it early November.

I'd like to see a new iBook model come out, or at least a price reduction; maybe at the same time the 'new Powerbook is announced'.

Originally posted by fryke
Apple very rarely announces something as 'available from today', so December sounds like okay if they announce it early November.

Wha...? Apple USUALLY announces products that are available for order immediately upon being announced. The G4s, the flat-panel iMac, the iPod... I mean, I understand that there's usually a waiting period just because of the increased demand when they release a new product, but I cannot specifically point out one product that Apple announced but didn't release until a month later...

Unless there are no Powerbooks on the shelves, Apple cannot afford to simply announce a *new* *improved* Powerbook that can't actually be acquired during the holiday season. Nobody'd buy the old Powerbook, and the new one isn't available yet. That way, everyone's pissed.

Can't we just wait for January?

Unless Apple can immediately flood the channels with any new product, making an announcement now would be disastrous to the bottom line.

It shouldn't be done.

Exactly. Rumor Schmumor. I don't get my hopes up...so when they actually do put something out I'll be pleasantly suprised. And like I said before, it won't be on election day!

now let's play the speculate game! will the ibooks have g4s? ^_^

Back