New TV Shows?

clamshellibooks

Registered
Right now, iTunes has five tv shows to choose from in their Video download section. I know that it will eventually grow as new shows are added, but my question is WHEN?!
What shows do you think will be put on there? I'm hoping spongebob will be put on there soon, if at all, for my kids (and, i admit, me too :D ) Do you think SNL will be put on there. I sure hope it will cause I've always wanted to watch the funnier clips from it over again the next day.

For what? Joey??

Just kidding. I'm now old enough that I have witnessed all three networks hit rock bottom, rise back to the top, then hit bottom again. The circle of life I suppose.

_I_ hope that there will be more and more programmes like news through video podcasts. Could have a sponsor's ad at the beginning...

I'm thinking the shows will be relegated to Disney and ABC for now, until Jobs can finagle deals out of the other networks. I would expect this to last for at least a few months as the other networks will observe what happens with ABC/Disney before they decide to commit.

Swiss Television station SF1 has started a video podcast that is iPod compatible. For free. It's just one weekly show so far, but it shows me that what I mentioned above probably _is_ already happening as we speak.

Hey Fryke - any links ? :D I would love to try it out :D

Shows I would love to see on iTunes:

1. Stargate SG1
2. Stargate Atlantis
3. E-Ring
4. NCIS
5. CSI
6. CSI: Miami
7. House :D
8. 24
9. Supernatural

Shows i'd like to see

SG1
Atlantis
Firefly
NCIS
CSI
Close to Home
Smallville
Alais
Numb3ers
Surface
Las Vegas
Mad TV
The O.C.
and Nip/Tuck

Because I don't have much time to watch Prime time and i don't have a DVR

JetwingX said:
Shows i'd like to see

SG1
Atlantis
Firefly
NCIS
CSI
Close to Home
Smallville
Alais
Numb3ers
Surface
Las Vegas
Mad TV
The O.C.
and Nip/Tuck

Because I don't have much time to watch Prime time and i don't have a DVR
If you do the math, cable + dvr is going to be cheaper, depending on your provider.

You listed 14 shows. Lets say you downloaded 4 episodes per show per month (that's the minimum, some shows are daily, some weekly, etc). At $1.99 an epsiode (total = 14*4 = 56), you're talking about spending $111.44 a month.... I think cable + dvr or TiVo would be the cheaper option :D

It's simply not meant for that... But if you go away 7 feet, as you would from a TV, you won't notice it that much.

First, Apple needs to convince the major players that there is good reason to make their broadcasts avaliable on the iTMS. I think ABC is making headway with "The Lost", "Desperate Housewives", "The Suite Life", "Kolchak the Night Stalker", and "That's So Raven". The next major players have to be Viacom and Time Warner with others following. Right now I am interested in seeing episodes from Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. New episodes of the Famiy Guy, Robot Chicken, Re-runs of Futurama, and so on.
I think we are beginning to cross the gap between digital media and television.

I think the Cartoon Network reference would be a HUGE income generator! Oh please add this Apple. Robot Chicken would be a winner on my iPod.

Back