Newest known Tiger build: Mac OS X 10.4.3 8F8

So far, so good. I can't test the video chat thingie, but the Dashboard seems fine. Then again, problems usually arise only after a few hours of use, so I'll return and add about it, then...

No. We'll make that clear by a thread called "Mac OS X 10.4.2 released in Software Update" or similar. :) ... This thread is for news/info about the further development of Tiger.

Wow, apple is really putting in some quaility work on this update in Tiger. Which is VERY cool with me. A widget manager, improved core image(ripple effect), better dashboard use of memory etc. Very impressed kudos to apple. I just looked back to find out that build 8C21 was the first 10.4.2 build!! That was back on May 28th. Fryke said it wouldn't be expteced till mid-june at the latest. Now it's July and still making beta builds. But soon.......

Improved ripple effect? Where'd you read that? It looks just the same to me. It still isn't instant on my PowerBook when called the first time (subsequent calls are fine, though)... And until _then_, I consider the effect _very_ useless, since I don't usually call up two or three new widgets at a time, rather I need _one_ I didn't have open previously, and thus the effect is a nuisance at best...

how about the iPhoto? i have not been able to use iphoto for over a month because of the auto-enhance-photos-bug.
agree on the ripple effect. on my girlfriends ibook dashboard is instant while i have to suffer a lagging water effect. anybody with a G5? is it always instant there?

yup. completly instant. sorry guys. can't you hack the terminal to turn the effect off?

however, bringing the dashboard out isnt instant. it sucks.

bringing dashboard out is instant on my powerbook as long as i have free memory (my guess is that the system saves that action in the memory as long as it can to keep it smooth). i have not restarted my computer since 10.4.1 came so i dont know how long it takes the first time around.

sorry, i meant, the time it takes to load up all the widget data after you hit F12 for the first time in a while, although i found that keeping the dashbard icon in the dock helps (for some reason) to keep the times down

I have no problems with the water effect. Comes up instantly, even if I have a lot of programs open. That may however be related to a G5 1.8 Gig and 1 GB RAM... :D

maybe they split it (the iphoto 5.0.3 and 10.4.2) cuz they found other bugs that affected 10.3 users also. now it is fixed anyway and i am happy. iphoto starts faster also with 8000 pictures.

Back