Newest known Tiger build: Mac OS X 10.4.3 8F8

So it was all irony?

"Spoof", maybe? I dunno. After your screenshot I couldn't resist. (come on, it really does look like you were saying the widget was the manager. Yes, we can barely see the translucent window, but still =)

I started to mention plans to go to www.petitiononline.com and start a campaign against it but thought that might be overboard...

have they fixed the following weird glitch in spotlight (or maybe it is due to the need to give fast searchfeedback):
in 10.4.1 when i search for Haj (that means shark) i get a lot of pictures on my computer, but i dont get the pictures titled Brunhaj (brown shark). I get them when i search for Brun or Brunhaj. very hard for you to know, fryke, if you dont have a lot of sharkpictures on your computer :) but i guess my qustion is: is spotlight improved?

p.s i dont even care for sharks that much.

pity. they should focus more on the fun stuff and less on the underlying components that dont have shiny buttons. ;)

Since we don't have it. Could you possibly tell us how 8c44 performs overall, and does this builds seem to be getting better or creating new problems.

I think it's awesome how Apple is just holding this one back every time it finds something new to fix.

God I can't wait to get this update...

The past three builds have been running great here. I don't see any problems in 8C44 (but then, you know, I can't test a G5's SuperDrive since I don't have any etc.) and I think it's just about as finished as can get. I think we'll later say that 10.4.2 was a really good update in the Tiger era (at least I hope so...). I guess Apple wants to convince every last one of the critics that Tiger is "better than Panther" now. (But for me, too, there's still some way to go with Spotlight...)

Fryke... Any word yet when 10.4.2 will be released yet.. lol... anything any news... as to what they are working on. Memory? Features, bugs? etc.

Yeah... I'm quite curious too. We haven't heard much about 10.4.2 for some time now. I was wondering when it will be released too.

Not really. I only said it wouldn't be part of 10.4.2 AFAIK. But a) that could have changed now and they _would_ do that or b) maybe they'll release a separate firmware update for your drive soon, anyway. So: No reason to be angry with Apple, right? :)

fryke said:
No reason to be angry with Apple, right? :)
eheh, i hope fryke
i'll be angry when they'll tell me that i have to keep my drive as now
but i'll hope they solve the question...

Improved Widget memory management and improvements to iChat video conferencing apparently.
Havent had a chance to try it yet.

Woohoo. Finally better memory management for the widgets. :) I'll try it in a couple minutes...

Back