Newest known Tiger build: Mac OS X 10.4.3 8F8

ah, okay...(beta). i'm not so sure apple will even DO 8Bxx builds. It seems to me as if they changed the numbering/naming scheme. With Cheetah, Puma, Jaguar and Panther, it was wholly different. The "alpha quality builds" were in the C, D, E, F range already. With Tiger, we've ONLY seen A builds so far - and MUCH higher in numbers. Jaguar Final was 6C115 iirc, and Panther Final was 7B85. So the 'B' is definitely not for 'beta'.

fryke said:
ah, okay...(beta). i'm not so sure apple will even DO 8Bxx builds. It seems to me as if they changed the numbering/naming scheme. With Cheetah, Puma, Jaguar and Panther, it was wholly different. The "alpha quality builds" were in the C, D, E, F range already. With Tiger, we've ONLY seen A builds so far - and MUCH higher in numbers. Jaguar Final was 6C115 iirc, and Panther Final was 7B85. So the 'B' is definitely not for 'beta'.

and this is why i would never be a developer, too damn confusing...for us "normal" folks, ::ha:: so it's looking like a june release...

Yeah, imagine someone at Adobe: "I should really get to that new Photoshop filter, but that new Tiger build's build number is really confusing me..." ;)

fryke said:
And don't forget about Finder windows. Not all of them are brushed. ;)

TextEdit looks the same as in Panther. The new features are, AFAICS, what texthandling in OS X gets: For example MS Word format improvements like tables (although I don't think TextEdit will ever become 'the' Word replacement now Apple has Pages).

Isn't it possible that new applications have a hidden variable that will take a new skin when Tiger is final ? Their final skin may be in Tiger (instead of being in the application).

I know, I know I'm late. Was out playing pool. Thread title updated according to the new builds...

Just updated from 8A351B to 8A369 on my iBook. And everything seems much more finished suddenly. While I don't really know how many days are between those two builds at Apple, I'd say they're definitely polishing things now.
For the first time in Tiger, German localisation is not only in place but also complete. Dashboard now has this special 'Dock' you've seen at MWSF. However: Stickies in Dashboard still doesn't take my copy&paste stuff from outside Dashboard, for example, and the close-widgets (there you go, bad naming-scheme...) only appear when you show the Dashboard-Dock.

Things are looking good in these first few minutes. I'll take my iBook with me to Germany this weekend. Hope it won't let me down until I'm back home on Sunday night. This'll be a nice test...

I have downloaded the free trials of the Adobe Suite of products but cannot get them to work on the my 10.4 machine but have no problem with them on the 10.3.7.
I also have a Lacie drive attached to my laptop and when I installed them and used the Lacie as 10.3.7 I could run the apps of Adobe from there as long as I am on the 10.3.7 side but once I switch back to Tiger I cannot get it to run it starts and then bounces and then nothing. Even though I am following the same procedure as I did with the Lacie hooked up.

Eddie Robbins
248-417-0017

Thank you in advance.

Nice that the new version feels nice :)
a couple of questions:
1) is the new dashboard-dock smooth on an iBook? Does it feel quick?

2) has it replaced the old floating dashboard-dock?

Anyone else have any problems with the dl of the 8a369 dmg?

Having probs getting it to "behave". The documents and apps appear to not be recognizing themselves...

Also, any news on how to install T Server on an iPod? I'd like to tinker with it on a different drive and iPods the only candidate I've got. An earlier build installed just fine on the iPod... No dice since that build worked (two or three releases ago).

Any all help appreciated.

gup

What about the the Macromedia MX 2004 product suite -does in run smoothly on the 8A369?

BTW: Anybody else experienced an error while installing 8A369. I get an error like there's an error in the .dmg i burned. So i'm currently downloading it again.

It's not recommended to use an iPod as a Mac OS X system volume, since the drive almost never can spin down, getting the iPod too hot, too fast. But you might have to totally reset your iPod before being able to install a system on it again... Tiger Server even, eh? ...

Macromedia: Haven't got any, sorry.

About the error at install time that the dmg is in some way corrupted... Never seen that, although I always skip the media check at the very beginning.

fryke said:
About the error at install time that the dmg is in some way corrupted... Never seen that, although I always skip the media check at the very beginning.

I found the error... I have an error on my disk so i need to totally wipe my disk. So i just ordered an external disk so i can backup my current disk.

Where did you get 8a369 from I have looked everywhere. Please help

thank you in advance.

Eddie

I have tried the software update and I have tried search in Apple Developer.

I have loaded 8a351 and about to load a seed for that.

Read this forum's rules very carefully. NO questions about where to get Tiger seeds. NO talk about warez etc. This is the first and last warning, er48072. Next step would be banning you.

Sorry, it won't happen again, I just had been up for way to many hours and I have since gone through the right channels to get the answers I was looking for. Sorry for the breech and I can assure you it won't happen again as your whole forum is way to helpful for me to cause myself to get banned. Thank you for the warning. From now on my comments will be on the workings of the OS. Like I had stated I am new and just want to soak as much in as I possibly can. I am also joining a Mac User Group, to help in my transition to the Mac world.

Eddie

Back