Newest known Tiger build: Mac OS X 10.4.3 8F8

Been having issues with Mail. Seems that I've got something going on with my some messages or mailboxes that are giving the new Mail fits. Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone know of a way to thoroughly check all messages and mailboxes for possible errors or corruption?

Friend of mine had problems initially with Mail in Tiger 8A369 when updating from his regular 10.3.7 machine. Guess part of the mail database got corrupted at updating time... Can you check with a clean system? Mine's working fine - apart from signatures not being cast automatically, that is...

I have had problems the dmg opening as well for the latest update so now i am just checking and seeing if it a browser issue. Doing it this time in Safari instead of Firefox. I have my very firt MUG meeting tonight at 7:30 and I hope to start in the future be of assistance to this group instead of just someone that keeps asking questions.

I've tried gutting Mail multiple times and reimporting everything. Works fine if you start with a blank setup, just cannot get anything imported properly. I've tried both ways, dropping the old ~/Library/Mail in as well as performing an importation. Guess I'll just have to hold tight until some more work is done in that area.

Yep, that's what I meant: The import's not working fine. However: Working with a clean slate and just 'getting new mail' (not importing old ones) works fine for me.

Here's how I got Mail to see all my old mail:

Leaving my ~/Library/Mail folder in place, I trashed -- actually, I moved it out to my Desktop to make sure this worked first -- my ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Mail.plist file then re-created my accounts through Mail. As the accounts were created, the mailboxes would show up with all the previous messages still intact.

May not actually be a solution, but it seems to have worked for me. Before I did that Mail would just crash when I tried to open it unless I nuked everything first.

Here's an odd one with 8A369, I did an archive and install and when I opened mail (its an Exchange account), all the mail items were missing the subject and sender and had the delivery date of today. (i.e. every mail was blank in the list of mails except for the current date and time) You can open the mail and all the details are in the mail, but I have to open the mail before I can see what it is about.

Entourage 2004 still works fine.

I tried throwing the apple.com.mail.plist and the ~\library\mail folder and rebooting but the same thing happens when re-creating the account.

Any ideas anyone?

Hmmm, doesnt like ARD 2 either, launches and installs a lot of bits mainly with the word Panther in them (Panther Scripts e.t.c.), then shuts down when the install finishes.....
Run the 2.10 update and it doesnt even launch.

When I first converted it had all kinds of problems but since going to 369 have had no problems and that is to say I don't import though. My messages are left on the server so when i start up it brings it all in for me and this is workinf fine now.

I found a great site for widgets by the way and if we are allow to post the link here i will share it. there are over 905 of them.

my favorite is the ESPN tracker

Depends on whether the 'widgets' are illegal in any way. But people can only use them, actually, when they're on Tiger, anyway. I've found many widgets not working right on Dashboard so far, mainly because they were written for earlier versions of Tiger... Did you mean http://www.thedashboarder.com/ ?

Back