Newest known Tiger build: Mac OS X 10.4.3 8F8

Steve knows. Some internal developers know. Maybe many people more. Some say 8A428 is GM - but that build was rumoured to be released internally. So no definite information until it arrives...

If I remember correctly, there was similar talk with Panther, and some people thought it just couldn't be that 7B85 would become GM - yet it did. (Which'd lead to suspecting 8A425 could be GM.)

So, can anyone figure out how to rename equation groups in Grapher? Whenever I make a new group, it gets named Untitled Group, but it doesn't let me select the name and change it. I've tried double-clicking, looking through the menus, the contextual menu, and the inspector. None of them work for me...

Well: If they're expecting to _not_ seed another J2SE preview before April 29th, this wording makes total sense to me.

And vector art between InDesign and Illustrator? (That's what was bugging me, I think.) Create a box in InDesign. Anything, really. Try dragging it to an Illustrator file. Or copy and pasting it...

Works perfectly between Illustrator and inDesign - both dragging and copy/pasting. Sounds like you need to do a re-install.

Rather, I'll first trash prefs of the apps... We talking InDesign 3.0.2 and Illustrator 11.0.x, right? (I don't know the exact version numbers, but basically, I'm just using the newest CS versions available, CS 2 is not out yet anyway...)

Hmm... I tried creating a new user in 8a425 to see whether that, too, would have that CS bug. Illustrator doesn't want to start there... I guess I'll really have to reinstall...

On another note: Can you calibrate your display in 8a425? My contrast seems a bit off right now, and 8a428 doesn't let me set it. Says something about "built-in profile not found"...

I'll clean install as soon as most of my week's work is done, I guess...

Psst. It'll be out soon enough. Btw.: Display calibration works fine again after a reboot for me.

Wasn't really. Or only for ADC Premier? ... Either way: It's said to be the GM version, however until someone unpacks a retail version Tiger, we simply don't know.

It seems a little snappier on my PB, although that could be due to some optimisation or something. I really think I've gotta reinstall cleanly soon... However: I'd say 8a428 is ready for general consumption...

Nope. Basically the only thing that still doesn't work right for me is the Adobe CS thing. I guess I'll just clean install Tiger and Adobe CS and check this first - before applying my user account backup.

Back