Newest known Tiger build: Mac OS X 10.4.3 8F8

How Stable is the 8A428, any problems or quirk's to it?

i would like to get Tiger as soon as it comes out, but yea... i might wait till 10.4.1, to get all the quirks out

I remember Panther. I thought it was pretty stable. Then the FW bug came out. I wasn't affected... So... Tiger feels very, very stable for me. I don't see any bugs (if I don't count Adobe CS, which is probably due to my installation). But of _course_ there could be things unforeseen.

i've just noticed to issues with my tiger latest build:

- the time cursor on quicktime windows doesn't update while watching a movie, i have to resize the window and it goes to the right place
- if u right-click on the dock and the u click on other places (not on dock items) the dock stays in the same position (with a larger icon)... sorry i can't explain in a better way, please look at the picture below

Attachments

• dock.png
    dock.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 34
another strange behaviour: if u "CMD + I" on a group of files, finder shows information for every single file not the whole group, so how to know the size of a group of files for example (obviously without putting them in a folder and get folder infos)?

Apple's seeded client version 8B9 to ADC.

- file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services
- using DHCP in wireless networks
- user login when accessing LDAP and Active Directory servers
- core graphics including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- synchronization with .Mac
- Address Book, iCal, Font Book, Mail, and Preview applications
- Dashboard widgets: Address Book, Flight Tracker, Phone Book, and World Clock
- creating and burning disk images using Disk Utility and System Image Utility
- compatibility with third party applications and devices

I hear it's going to be released mid-May.

Yep. It's about 35 MB in size, currently. And from their DVD Studio announcement, we already know that it's going to be released in mid-May (since DVD Studio or Final Cut Studio, don't remember which, requires 10.4.1).

10.4.1 was 37MB for me... damn those "Delta" updaters!

I actually downloaded the self-contained installer from the website instead of using Software Update. Just a "peace of mind" kind of thing, I guess.

i was waiting 10.4.1 update to see if a dock issue would be corrected but it doesn't seem to be done: on my dock i have a shortcut to my system hard disk, if i click on it the menu shows me two files (mach.sym and an alias called mach) that should be invisible.

so my question is: is it only a my problem or other guys have the same issue?

see the attachment

EDIT: ah, and in a normal finder window, these files are invisible, so it's a truly dock problem...

Attachments

• dock.jpg
    dock.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 13
oh, okay. :) strange enough, the seed notes for the build mention one known issue: "- Problems syncing Address Book with .Mac" - Guess that problem would then still be a known issue and be handled in another update or a separate update to .Mac and/or Address Book...

java_swt is taking up a lot of CPU time since this update when I run azereus. Maybe it's just this torrent but I don't think so. It's going from anywhere between 20-90%

Back