Next MacWorld Agenda

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
Let's create the agenda of the 2008 MacWorld

1) Numbers: 2M iPhone sold, 10% market share for MacOS in homes, 10M Leopard sold, iLife'08, iWork'08...

2) iTunes selling movies worldwide, signed agreement with X, Y, Z, AppleTV reworked, new screens, AppleTV interactive games with Bluetooth game pad

3) Incresed memory iPhone and iPod touch, iPhone available worldwide, unlocked iPhone available (but provider has to pay a license to provide all services !!!)

4) One more thing:
Ultra portable MacBook (LightBook ?) with iPhone-like interface and real keyboard. SSD disk. 10" screen. Synchs with your Mac at home, connects using WiFi or Edge. Sold by Apple Store and AT&T !

5) One more thing:
MacDraw is added to iWork. iDo is added to iLife (todo management linked with iCal and Mail).

3) Incresed memory iPhone and iPod touch...

There is something I just don't understand. Why do we need more memory on these items.

My iTouch with 8Gb has my fully address book, my full calendar, 24 hours equivalent of music (10% of my iTunes) and a small movie. It still have plenty of space (3gb) to go.

Surely we would want more facilities to transfer information to some sort of "home base" rather than hoarding it into a small device.

i want my entire itunes library. knowing that it is possible, but not available, taints any purchase of iP[od/hone].

i want a 128gb iPhone. i'm willing to pay for it.

I bet they will increase the Memory since they have to increase it for the new light mac laptop, and the Pod touch has 16 GB already.

"2) iTunes selling movies worldwide, signed agreement with X, Y, Z, AppleTV reworked, new screens, AppleTV interactive games with Bluetooth game pad"

...? AppleTV reworked, new screens. AppleTV uses your TV set as the screen. Do you imply they'd create their own TV? Could be interesting, but I don't think they're into that much. One could probably use an Apple Cinema Display somehow for AppleTV, but I'm not sure it'd make much sense. It's cheaper to use a "simple" TV. (I've put simple in quotes because a TV does more than a computer display.)

AppleTV needs to go High Def out along with High Def in the iTunes Music/TV/Movies stores. This is what is stopping a lot of people from getting it.

"2) iTunes selling movies worldwide, signed agreement with X, Y, Z, AppleTV reworked, new screens, AppleTV interactive games with Bluetooth game pad"

...? AppleTV reworked, new screens. AppleTV uses your TV set as the screen. Do you imply they'd create their own TV? Could be interesting, but I don't think they're into that much. One could probably use an Apple Cinema Display somehow for AppleTV, but I'm not sure it'd make much sense. It's cheaper to use a "simple" TV. (I've put simple in quotes because a TV does more than a computer display.)

Yes, but... what about the image of a High-Res Apple screen ? Think about the million of Apple fans who bought an iPhone. I am quite convinced that at least 50% of these would buy an Apple TV screen the day it comes on the market.

But I agree, any FullHD screen would do the job.

AppleTV needs to go High Def out along with High Def in the iTunes Music/TV/Movies stores. This is what is stopping a lot of people from getting it.
This and iTunes only selling video at _all_ in UK and US IIRC. But wait: AppleTV *IS* high def already. 720p only, but that certainly is enough for a while, mainly because *if* iTMS goes HD for video content, they probably _won't_ go 1080i or 1080p in the first move.

One more thing (wishful thinking) : VMware certified Xserves... (mmmh, VirtualCenter with Xserves...)

The new sub-notebook will not be tied to AT&T, that would be suicide. I wouldn't buy one if I had to pay a monthly fee for it, even though I really, really want one. The iTunes Store shouldn't support 1080p/i now anyway; it's just too many pixels, and it's really cumbersome for a large part of today's computer users. 720p is the way to go for now.

I don't think they'll make a TV, although it would be interesting, and I would possibly get one for the sake of how much I trust the brand. The AppleTV is rather good right now anyway, and I don't think the inclusion of games or a gamepad would turn anyone on too much.

Phenomenal market share stats and a killer sub-notebook would do it for me.

(And btw, it's not friggin called the "iTouch", and I don't understand why so many people call it that.)

I probably would buy the HD TV from apple right away if they made one,because hopefully they would allow you connect to it from your mac and maybe the next line of the AppleTV would actually be a TV and the Apple TV would be built in and have a 3.5 in hard drive, now that would be sweet.

And I forgot... Steve will annouce the Beatles on iTMS ! This will at least take 10 minutes...

And I forgot... Steve will annouce the Beatles on iTMS ! This will at least take 10 minutes...

I wish that I had received a nickel every time a Mac user says this.;) Plus will Apple Record tell Apple Inc. they have to get rid of the Sosumi sound?

The Beatles on iTMS have been rumoured for basically every event in the past two to three years.

The Beatles have been announced at least as many times as the iPhone....

(And btw, it's not friggin called the "iTouch", and I don't understand why so many people call it that.)

Yah, it does become annoying, I don't even know where they get it from, but almost everybody I know calls it that.

Thank you! the other one that winds me up is MacIntel or Mactel.

it's a mac. possibly an intel mac.

I've never heard anybody call anything that....
That brings up a thought, do you think Apple will ever buy out Intel or vise versa?

Back